Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another windy day and another great mess of fish! Today I was joined by Jay, Jacob and Patricia Pepperman for a 6 hour inshore trip. We ran to the Pass and quickly found large schools of Spanish around the Coast Guard Station. After putting a dozen or so on ice, we headed over to the Pass to land a few Redfish. It really seems like the Redfish bite is starting to pick back up. The last few trips have resulted in several catches, today we had our best results on hand sized pinfish and Bull Minnows.

A few releases under our belts we headed over to the North rocks to try and catch a few Flounder. They did not seem to want to do it for me today. We drifted for around 45 minutes but only caught small snapper and one large Stingray. Right about when we were gonna make a move the Spanish popped back up right in the Pass and that finished the day off for us. We sat and caught Spanish, Ladyfish and small kings for the last hour and a half!

Another great day on the water with a wonderful group, life is good!!

......................... See you out there

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Brad, were the spanish on the gulf side or bay? We had some luck a couple of weeks ago on the bayside but couldn't catch squat off the beach side.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They were just inside the Pass Wednesday! The winds were still howling out of the WNW. It seems to be more tide related than I thought as to where they are. The blood minnows they are chasing come in with the tide and push out with the tide, so I look for the tide line and then start from there!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts