Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a few cancellations due to the high winds I was finally able to get out on the water. Jim, Gary and Brent joined for two days of Bull Red fishing. To say the bite was hot would be an understatement!

Both days started with a nice run from Galvez landing to my favorite Flounder hole. The Flounder bite was not what I had hoped it would be, but it was good enough to boat several keeper fish. The Red Snapper have taking over the North Rocks and the Pass so we spent the majority of our morning releasing them. Both morning we moved over the Pass at around 0900 to catch the newly incoming tide.. Redfish were caught on nearly every drop, we caught fish ranging from Middle to Upper slot fish all the way up to a few 20lb bruisers!

Bait did not seem to be a big issue either, we caught all of our fish on both live shrimp and on Bull Minnows. Over the two days we landed over 20 redfish, several large Black Drum, Sheepshead, Flounder and countless Red Snapper! All in all a great two days spent on the water with some great guys!

............................... See you out there

·
Registered
862 Posts
wow!! yall did some work out there! we got most of our fish around 40ft of water..looks like theyre finally running in some big numbers now!

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow!! yall did some work out there! we got most of our fish around 40ft of water..looks like theyre finally running in some big numbers now!
Yeah, they are really starting to show up. I have the best luck on the 65' ledge back into that 45' area. This is shaping up to be a great Fall/Winter of fishing!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts