Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a nice day on Saturday. sorry for the late post, long weekend. Caught him on light tackle, i thought he was too big, but when I measured, he was just over 24", and weighed 11 lbs. He will be good tonight grilled on the half shell. It was almost completely dark when I hooked, and he took me about 10 minutes to bring in, hard but fun on light tackle. My wife must have hooked up to a shark or a big mack, cause whatever it was cut her off above the 2' leader. She was disappointed, but hey, thats fishing. She's learning...... :banghead

·
Registered
358 Posts
thats a pretty redfish. i would have paid cash money for a fish like that saturday.

your wife losing her fish will just keep her wanting to go back and get her one, i'm sure.

there have been a lot of bluefish in the bay lately, believe me we caught our share on saturday. the fish that cut her off might have been a blue. just cant n'ver tell.

cheers.

drew

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Nice looking Red Congrats And Drew is right your wife losing that fish will just make her want to go again!!

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
That's a nice fish for dinner!

I have caught some pretty heavy 24" reds lately, the heaviest being about 5.75lbs, he was packed fullof what looked like fiddler crabs. BUT, these were unsually heavy fish, on the Spirng feed;typically they would range 4-5lbs!!

A 24" red that weighed 11lbs would have agut that looked like the beer belly of one our very serious beer drinking rednecks!<P align=center>

Tony, you're right, a couple of the guys this weekend need new scales!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Congrats on the Big Redfish. If he would have been 26 1/2" he would have been heavy enough to win pretty much most redfish tournaments by himself.

Keep your wife out there it'll get in her blood.

Again congrats on the big Red.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts