Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LAKELAND — A 32-year-old woman was arrested on June 15 when she gathered her husband’s guns to turn them over to the Lakeland Police Department.

According to Courtney Irby’s arrest affidavit, she told police her husband had been taken to jail for trying to run over her with a car. Irby said she went to Joseph Irby’s apartment on Village Center Drive in Lakeland and searched for the guns she knew he had.

When she told a Lakeland police officer she had the guns with her to turn them in, he replied, “So are you telling me that you committed an armed burglary?” and Irby answered, “Yes, I am, but he wasn’t going to turn them in, so I am doing it,” according to reports.

https://www.theledger.com/news/2019...rning-in-husbands-firearms-to-lakeland-police

·
Super Moderator
28,937 Posts
Common stupidity....

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
They are all crazy as hell. Just a matter of how bad and when it finally comes out of them

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Of course I'm reminded of a story... (True story)

After a field trial at Sedgefields, the men were drinking and talking in one circle, and the women were in their own circle, with kids running figure eights around both circles. The subject at the men's was how crazy women are. One man opined, just as his five year old daughter ran by, "Hell, ALL women are crazy!"

His 5 yo stopped and tugged on her Dad's leg. "I'm not crazy, am I Daddy?"

He bends down and says, "Oh no, darling, but when you grow up you will be."

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sooo, not to give her any level of sanity, but if he is suffering from a mental illness and demonstrates that he is a danger to himself or others, taking the guns is pretty much protocol. Usually it’s the responsibility of the Police Dept or Sheriffs department to do it upon service a domestic violence protection order. They hold them for safe keeping until ordered by a judge to be released.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sooo, not to give her any level of sanity, but if he is suffering from a mental illness and demonstrates that he is a danger to himself or others, taking the guns is pretty much protocol. Usually it’s the responsibility of the Police Dept or Sheriffs department to do it upon service a domestic violence protection order. They hold them for safe keeping until ordered by a judge to be released.
The problem is that she didn't live with her husband anymore, so she had to break into his apartment to steal his guns and give them to the police.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts