Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to be down this week and looking to see if anyone is interested in going out, Avid kayaker here

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you have any luck?
I'll be coming down a few days next week (26th-28th) and hoping to do atleast one morning of kayak fishin before the chartered trip with my brothers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no. this forum has gone down hill in the past few years partly due to some of the negativity of some of the turds on here unfortunately. its driven alot of people away. it is not as active as it was by far.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
no. this forum has gone down hill in the past few years partly due to some of the negativity of some of the turds on here unfortunately. its driven alot of people away. it is not as active as it was by far.
Probably a number of people will read your post and decide it wasn't worth even the effort of a reply. But I will go ahead and take the time, why not.

The activity has decreased in recent years, that part is true. That has been true of every online fishing forum of which I have been a part in recent years. It's not because of the content of the posts nearly as much as other factors such as forums being bought out by commercial interests and people moving to other social media venues. Those venues are far less personal, and for myself I still find the people on this one to be genuine and local. People being 'turds' is typically, from what I have seen, more about people being honest, giving out and being willing to take some ribbing, and also about how some people seem to lack a sense of humor about foolishness.

Based on post counts it does not seem to me that you're a frequent contributor or poster compared to most, so I don't really understand your approach, to be honest. Logging on to broadly insult the people on a forum is certainly a wise way to achieve good results. I am not a kayaker but I still peruse the various sections when I have time, and I have linked up with other forum members for fishing trips, some via this very section... sometimes in my boat, sometimes by other means, but I have never gone fishing with someone who insults the forum members as a generality, I do know that. For all your specificity you may have just called me a turd. I am one sometimes, so ok, sure. Good strategy. :rolleyes:

I for one will certainly remember your handle in the future. I don't think it's for the reasons you might have wanted, but good job anyway. :thumbsup: Good luck to you, sir.

Reactions: PompNewbie
1 - 4 of 4 Posts