Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a light kit made by Haulmaster. I'd like this set up to last for a decent period. My trailer lights bit the dust this morning and popped the fuse on my truck tail lights. I drove all back roads to the ramp after waiting for daylight.

How about somebody walking me through the rigging and maybe suggest some cool way to mount the light bar.

Ken

·
Registered
689 Posts
One of my Uncles used a couple of 2”x4”s screwed together in and L shape with angle iron bolted to the inside of the L. The setup was long enough for the lights to be mounted on each side past the sides of the boat. Eye bolts on each end were used for strapping the boat down.
He had a camper shell that locked he used to store the homemade light bar in when he went fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
A friend made some 18” X 1 1/2” PVC inserts with the lights mounted on one end and a slot in the other end to drop into rod holders w/ a bungee to keep um from jumping out.....
He leaves them in the truck when the boat is in the water...

Been wanting to make a set...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I have the light bar rigged except for--

How do I get a ground for the lights? Can I run a separate wire from the plug (white wire) to one of the mounting bolts on each light?

Actually, a wire between the two lights and a wire all the way to the trailer plug?

I could never be an electrician. It wouldn't me long to become a crispy critter.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,916 Posts
How do I get a ground for the lights? Can I run a separate wire from the plug (white wire) to one of the mounting bolts on each light?

Actually, a wire between the two lights and a wire all the way to the trailer plug?
Correct.

Using the trailer frame and tow hitch ball for ground is garbage.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Use led lights mounted out of the water and run a 3 conductor trailor wire down each side of trailer from plug to each light. Each side light has 3 wires for hookup to the plug wires. Like stated never use the coupler and ball as ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts