Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All camo will be marked way down, up to 50% on selected stuff. Everything except UnderArmor. There will be a large amount of vendor tackle from Shimano and Diawa, don't know about Penn yet. There will be food. Crawfish are 4 dollars a pound right now, so, not so sure about that.The rest of it is being ironed out now. There will be good stuff again as usual. Next week............

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
hey wade, will they have any purple/white camo so the fish won't be able to see me on recess cause i don't think the green will hide me very well?

·
Super Moderator
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, not sure.....Tommy will have to answer that one!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey, this is going to be my first time to the Outcast Springsale. I have a few questions, is this like an after Thanksgiving Day sale where you need to be one of the first ones there Thrusday at 4amto get the good deals or will there be good deals tobe hadall weekend? Are there different items put out each day in limited quantities or is there a pretty good selectionof everything? I am planning on picking up a few jigging setups and a lot of tackle, but probably can't come until Saturday because of work and the distance i have to travel. Thanks for any info....

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
I've been going for 3 or 4 years now. I never get there till noon. My take on it is that the steals go early but there's still enough good buys there at noon to make it worthwhile. This sale is always a lot of fun.

Are you going to have any special deals on firearms, particularly small pocket pistols like the LCP or TCP ? I'm about to buy one but will consider waiting if you are.

·
Registered
912 Posts
We wil have all firearms on sale as well. The LCP's have been hard to get. No Promises. It is always better to get here the first morning but we will have new merchanduise each day but many times the Shimano and Daiwa rep samples go pretty quick. We will also have plenty of jigging set ups inside and they will also be on sale.

·
Super Moderator
5,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't forget about the line discounts.... Bring your reels in now so they will be ready for you during the sale. They must be picked up during the sale to get the sale price.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey folks,

Does anyone know if a seminar schedule has been posted yet? I did a search and was unable to find one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale

·
Registered
141 Posts
Presents: Gulf Coast Fishing Seminar Series

With your host Bob Sharp

February 27th Sat.

Time12:30pm-1:30pm

Subject: Cobia Fishing

Guest Speakers: Capt. Ben Fairey, Capt. Myles Colley, and Capt. Chad Linkous along with Bob Sharp will show you the tricks of the trade for landing that Cobia of a lifetime..

Time 1:35pm ?2:35pm

Subject: Offshore Fishing Chunking, and Natural Bait Rigging

Guest Speakers: Captain Myles Colley and Captain Chad Linkous will show you their secrets of offshore fishing, chunking for tuna, and the proper ways to rig lures and natural baits including; Balao, Mullet, and Spanish.

Time 2:40pm ? 3:40p

Subject: Bait Catching and Cast Net Throwing

We will show you the most effective way to catch your own live bait and the proper use of a cast net.

Time 3:45pm-4:45pm

Subject: Marine Electronics

Guest speakers from George?s Marine Electronics will tell you all about today?s electronics. They

will instruct you on the proper operation of your equipment. Don?t miss it.

Time 4:50pm until

Subject: King fishing,and live bait slow trolling.

Guest Speakers: Dan Abshire, and Rhonda Abshire will show you their secret techniques on how to be a successful King fisherman and tournament contender.

February 28th Sun

Time 11:00am-12:00pm

Subject: Propeller maintenance and tuning.

Guest Speakers: The crew of Accuprop will discuss the advantages of proper propeller maintenance and tuning. This information can lead to better speed and efficiency from your boat.

Time 12:30pm-1:30pm .

Subject: Shimano Butterfly Jigging System

Guest Speaker: Captain Chad Linkous and Captain Jason Woodham from Destin and also a Shimano Pro Staffer will instruct

you in the proper methods of using the world?s best deep jigs. These lures are known to produce

more fish than live bait if they are used properly. Don?t miss this valuable information

Time 2:00pm-3:00pm

Subject: Bottom Fishing/Deep Drop Fishing

Guest Speakers: Gene and Tim Klein from Team Recess along with Bob Sharp will show you their tricks to locating and catching bigger Snapper, Amberjack and Grouper.

Time 3:30pm-4:30pm

Subject: Pompano/Surf Fishing

Guest Speakers: Donnie Rozier and Captain Wes Rozier, local experts with over 40 years experience; will show you the proven techniques in locating and catching your favorite surf species.

Time 5:00pm-until

Subject: Inshore Fishing Secrets

Guest Speakers: Capt. Wes Rozier and Donnie Rozier, local experts with over 40 years experience; will show you their proven techniques in locating and catching those hard to catch inshore species including Trout, Redfish, Drum, Grouper, Flounder, and many others. Don?t miss it!!!

·
Registered
912 Posts
The menu is set:

Thursday-Cajun boil with crawfish and shrimp

Friday-Red beans and rice and Jumbalaya

Saturday-Fried catfish and the fixins

Sunday-Burgers and dogs.

We had to change our free food policy slightly this year. We will be handing out food tickets at the registers to those of you that made a $10 purchase or more and want to eat. I am sorry for the inconvenience but last year it got out of hand with everyone that drove by stopping and getting a to go plate. I am going to try to get Wade to help police it for me. The food is for you our customers not the entire county. I hope you understand.

·
Topwater Bluefish fan
1,276 Posts
outcast (2/24/2010)The menu is set:

Thursday-Cajun boil with crawfish and shrimp

Friday-Red beans and rice and Jumbalaya

Saturday-Fried catfish and the fixins

Sunday-Burgers and dogs.

We had to change our free food policy slightly this year. We will be handing out food tickets at the registers to those of you that made a $10 purchase or more and want to eat. I am sorry for the inconvenience but last year it got out of hand with everyone that drove by stopping and getting a to go plate. I am going to try to get Wade to help police it for me. The food is for you our customers not the entire county. I hope you understand.

sounds fair to me . I'll go searching through the boxes as always - then get ready to some good eatin !

Thanks again guys !

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Sounds fair and may keep the food line down a bit.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey guys! I have been to the sale before and it is awesome. Anybody know what time it starts Thursday morning? Thanks!

Jason

Edit ****** Just found it only 4am Thur. and 6am the rest of the week

·
Registered
775 Posts
4am sharp!

ill be there at 330! see yall there

·
Praedator
10,004 Posts
Got to work this morning after stopping by the sale. There is a ton of stuff under the tent at some real good prices. I picked up some camo at 50% off.You can't beat that with a big stick. I'll probably go back at lunch to eat some food and spend some more money.:banghead:banghead

But man was it cold this morning. That was the topic of choice to talk about among everyone there. Dang it was cold.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts