Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

These jigs kind of tie into Barefootin's post a while back. All of them have glow squid skirts over bucktail and nylon hair. The heads are also luminous.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mustad 3184 9/0 on the 3-6 ounceand the short shank 34185 on the 1 1/2 - 2ounce size. The lures on the bottom have the heavy big bend gamakatsu 3/0.They are 1/2 and 3/4 of an ounce. Choppedliver you are probably right about the fish not caring about how pretty the jig is. I have seen Roddy Pate fishing with a ling lure that only had three tentacles left on it. He would make everyone else look bad. I do think the glow factor might make a little diference jigging for grouper.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
wrightackle (2/5/2010)Mustad 3184 9/0 on the 3-6 ounceand the short shank 34185 on the 1 1/2 - 2ounce size. The lures on the bottom have the heavy big bend gamakatsu 3/0.They are 1/2 and 3/4 of an ounce. Choppedliver you are probably right about the fish not caring about how pretty the jig is. I have seen Roddy Pate fishing with a ling lure that only had three tentacles left on it. He would make everyone else look bad. I do think the glow factor might make a little diference jigging for grouper.

Colors obviously matter ( usually ).

I don't think fish have the capability to appreciate how gorgeous these jigs are ... That's what I meant :) Great job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts