Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a shark break my solid glass grouper rod, I left it in the rod holder with tight drag. I need a heavy solid glass rod to rebuild or one in good condition. Like the old green True Temper, any brand will do.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Both of mine have Shimano Torsa 40’s on them.
It’s amazing how easy it is to reel up a big fish with one of these.
My next door neighbor was a mate and charter captain out of OB for years. Last trip we went on he said “ I never understood why anyone would spend that kind of money for a rod and reel”

I said “ make a drop with one of them”

He caught a nice size Snapper, turned and looked at me as he was reeling it up..
His comment was “ Now I understand, I’ve been fishing with crap for forty years and never knew..I’ve been enlightened.
You can’t buy the Torsa reels anymore. The Tuna guys out of Venice hunt them down. Last one I saw on eBay was $1400.00
This is a fish winch..

Attachments

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use an old Ocean City 6051 (narrow) reel loaded with 100# braid and power handle. Turn the handle, something's gonna move.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
Here I got one solid through handle needs rebuilt. Come get it. Been sitting in shop for year st croix. West side pensacola.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ron! I'll get up with you when I'm coming over to p-cola. Might be a while.

·
Registered
9,706 Posts
It will be here when ever you get time just Pm me when ready

Reactions: OHenry
1 - 10 of 10 Posts