Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Green Eggs And Ham
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The sun has entered a ‘lockdown’ period, which could cause freezing weather, famine
NASA scientists fear it could be a repeat of the Dalton Minimum, which happened between 1790 and 1830 — leading to periods of brutal cold, crop loss, famine and powerful volcanic eruptions.

Temperatures plummeted by up to 2 degrees Celsius (3.6 degrees Fahrenheit) over 20 years, devastating the world’s food production.

On April 10, 1815, the second-largest volcanic eruption in 2,000 years happened at Mount Tambora in Indonesia, killing at least 71,000 people.

It also led to the so-called Year Without a Summer in 1816 — also nicknamed “eighteen hundred and froze to death” — when there was snow in July.

So far this year, the sun has been “blank” with no sunspots 76 percent of the time, a rate surpassed only once before in the Space Age — last year, when it was 77 percent blank.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
does al gore know about this? he probably won't accept this idea, it's too scientific.
jack

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I just read about this. I also read that a earth year was around 420 days millions of years ago.

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is interesting, but as the video says the CO2 levels now are at a point exponentially higher than they were during that "cooling period" in the late 1700's. I would think having that much additional greenhouse gas in the atmosphere is going to limit how much of a cooling affect we have, since heat will be trapped in the atmosphere. My guess is most people don't watch the whole video though and simply see it as "SEE GLOBAL WARMING ISN'T REAL" The Earth does go through cycles of heating and cooling, the key thing to remember is the TREND of the average temperature is rising and has been for long time now.

Whether people want to believe it or not, the data is undeniable that humans put that CO2 there. We can make sarcastic comments about a Greta or Al Gore, but it doesn't change it. Maybe the majority of scientists who study this for a living are wrong and it won't be as bad as they say ( I hope they are wrong) but something tells me they are probably right, and it has nothing to do with being a Republican or a "libtard" it's just facts.

·
Green Eggs And Ham
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't give 2 shits about CO2 crap, The sun on the other hand is proven from science and history, I am not saying one way of the other it's a wait and see but we will know by 2025 whats going to happen.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts