Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I can only think that you mean continental U.S.? If not, then Big Island’s Hilo is the winner with 272 days of rain totaling 126.7 inches over the year.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can only think that you mean continental U.S.? If not, then Big Island’s Hilo is the winner with 272 days of rain totaling 126.7 inches over the year.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
Good point!

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
When I was stationed in Panama , couldn't understand the empty 10 foot culverts all over the base. I got there towards the end of Dry Season (winter). One day during Rainy Season, it rained over 10 inches in an hour. My skateboard heaven, the culverts, were overflowing. Our PT field was under 2 feet of water and the tiny trickle of water between our barracks and the enlisted club was a raging river, complete with a 10 or 11 foot long caiman. Snakes came out of the jungle and areas around the base and invaded the bottom floor of our barracks which made up the company area. Since I wasn't afraid of snakes, I was one of 2 people they came and got to "dispose " of the poisonous ones, like fer-de-lances, coral snakes and the many varieties of vipers.

·
Registered
674 Posts
"One day, it started raining, and it didn't quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stinging rain, big ol' fat rain... Rain that flew in sideways,"

·
Registered
464 Posts
It's weird, some parts of pensacola seem to get a PILE more rain than others. Seems like some of the bayous or certain pockets are very dry compared to just up the hill. Anybody else noticed these types of trends? Some areas look like rain forest, some look like desert.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts