Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came southbound on 3mb today and it was all louisiana, mississippi, alabama and tennessee tags.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yep, I came from Mobile (had to work) and when I went through the checkpoint at the border LA plate in front of me. They ask you if you have been in LA, NY, NJ, or CT, and if you have you pull to the right I guess to just be told to self-quarantine (lol)

This dude went right through with me....with a Louisiana plate. All that I-10 checkpoint is doing is slowing traffic that ain't stopping anything. Either close the border or don't.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I came from Mobile (had to work) and when I went through the checkpoint at the border LA plate in front of me. They ask you if you have been in LA, NY, NJ, or CT, and if you have you pull to the right I guess to just be told to self-quarantine (lol)

This dude went right through with me....with a Louisiana plate. All that I-10 checkpoint is doing is slowing traffic that ain't stopping anything. Either close the border or don't.
Exactly. The hotels may be closed on the beach but the vrbo Properties are all ops normal with many out of state folks. Hey people, go home.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Destin was full of Texas tags today, I do believe there were more out of state tags than FL..The rental condos were shut down but the hotels were not, makes no sense to me

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I was hoping the virus would relent with summer coming, but now I am thinking we will see more cases. Hotels here have been opened. They had to be for workers.

·
TJ McBoatFace
317 Posts
For those who want me to close my rental condo please send routing & account number and I'll send you my mortgage payments. If hotels can be open so should I.

Don't want to mix w/ out of state people, stay home it's a free country. Shutting me down for trying to survive is pure insanity.

·
Bearded Brotula
11,604 Posts
It's bullshit that the state of Florida can tell someone what to do with their property. Maybe I should rephrase, that y'all let the state tell you what you can do with your property.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The curve has already been flattened. The idea was to slow the spread so the hospitals could ramp up, which they did.
We live in a free country so let's roll, there's no stoppin' it..

·
Registered
214 Posts
Talked to an ER doctor Sunday. At that point he had a whopping 0 covid patients in the hospital. Thats a hospital in Okaloosa County. Sister in law is an RN. She has had hours cut to two days a week. Next week she might "get lucky" and work 3 days. This pandemic went from needing more doctors and nurses to having them laid off in less than 2 months. George Washington would have started stacking bodies a long time ago with all of this overreach going on.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Was really enjoying the lack of tourists...oh well. The invasion has been getting worse in the last few years, and the quality of visitors has been declining. I've been trying to get the wife interested in moving further east, like towards Carabelle or further, to get away from the invasion - Navarre ain't what it used to be.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
It`s already been proven that staying home is killing more people than getting out and about. The body needs to build up it`s own immune system against this virus. A lot of this pandemic data is inflated to scare the American people. It`s another DEM move.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
The curve has already been flattened. The idea was to slow the spread so the hospitals could ramp , which they did.
We live in a free country so let's roll, there's no stoppin' it..
That's what they told us anyways.....

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
People gotta understand. This is a virus. Just like the common cold, flu, H1N1, etc. We still do not have a cure for these past viruses. Is the country shutdown because of them? NO People have gotten sick and died from these as well. This is just another virus we are going to have to live with. Shutting down the country is killing more than what the virus is killing.
I`m hearing that California wants to extend stay at home orders till the end of August. Are they fuk`n crazy. Wow, this whole covid 19 has gotten way out of hand. Say goodbye to the country we all grew up in.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts