Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what age did you start fishing? I started at around four, and loved it. Im from tennessee so it was always fresh water fishing. Granddad took me on a couple deep sea fishing trips when i was around 7-10, out of Destin, on the "Rob Roy" i think. I remember it was a lot of mackerel and mahi. and i got sick each time. I have only lived in florida for a few years so i still have a lot to learn about salt water, but that actually makes it fun. Just wondered who was brought up fishing and had a pic of themselves as a kid. Check out this beast:

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
actually i was around 3 in that picture. My grandfather owned a stake on that land, we called it the "lodge". Was in Arkansas somewhere. had 5 hug lakes with docks,john boats with trollin motors, live wells on ratchet cranks, cleaning stations, huge cabins, ping pong tables and pool tables,tons of wild turkeys, bass, crappie, 2-40 lb fresh cats, .25-2 lb bream, doves, every snake there is, mosquitoes that look like pterodactyls, bobcats... all kinds of stuff, it was awesome and i got to go several times every year up until i was 13 i think.

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
I only have one pic. It's from high school. I think Momma has some from way earlier...

Most of my fishing growing up was on Escambia River near Jay and all the lakes and sloughs nearby. Fished all the Coldwaters, Hurricane and Bear, Blackwater....etc. Bush hooked, trott lined, slashed, mudded, DuPont Spinners, telephoned, all the fun stuff. Used to hunt alot back then too.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts

Oh let guess since around 1965 ?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Dang, these are some old photos. j/k guys! I would show some of mine but, my mother lost a lot of the stuff when after my parents divorce and between the moves. Very cool thread though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts