Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I took his boat out to a rock jetty just lure fishing for whatever was biting. We caught a few specks, a flounder, and a couple of red fish. After about 40 casts or so, we were getting ready to head home....and BAM!!! that’s when it hit. A 33” Snook that weight between 16-20 lbs. When it jumped out of the water I didn’t have a clue what it was, it looked like an oversized big mouth bass. My brother yelled that it was a snook and threw down his rod to assist me. We got it on the boat and he sent a picture to a charter boat Capt. and he said it was a snook and extremely rare for Pensacola. I’m in the process of having it replicated and will have it labeled as being caught by me and my brother, being that it was his boat we went out on.

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
That is so way cool.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I’m saying photoshop or that dude has some really long arms
Have to admit I thought that left hand looked a little odd - fingers in the gill plates? Also wondered why, if fishing from a boat, would the picture be holding the fish while wading. But hey if that was really caught at the pass, that's quite a catch!

Reactions: Steebo46&2

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Photoshop....or else he should go see the doctor about those swollen hands.

I've caught a snook in Davenport bayou in the cast net, but it was one of the small type called a tarpon snook...it was also middle of the summer.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I downloaded and zoomed in on the picture. I don't see any shopping to the pic. It is a good ol fashion arm stretcher shot which I hate but it looks real.

I also did my own photo shopping and if his (and my) hand span is around 4.5" I can see the 33" no problem.

It would be nice if the poster could post one more picture with fish by his side.

Original finger span is 3rd from left and there are now 7 spans. 7 x 4.5 = 31.5

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not too many of those around the panhandle but they do venture up sometimes. Average temperatures are trending up so it would make sense they could find a refuge somewhere in the panhandle to survive the winter. Juvenile snook are caught in South Carolina believe it or not.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not too many of those around the panhandle but they do venture up sometimes. Average temperatures are trending up so it would make sense they could find a refuge somewhere in the panhandle to survive the winter. Juvenile snook are caught in South Carolina believe it or not.
That juvie snook are caught in S.C. I will believe. That the photo above is an unaltered representation of a fish caught out of a boat in Pensacola Bay, I do not.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts