Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 2015 red snapper season is a Monday.

It doesn't just start on Monday June 1st, it also ends of Monday June 1st.

Yet, the newly created for-hire sector, historically responsible for a minority of the rec landings, are gifted 33X more days to fish than every other American Gulf recreational angler is given.

I guess their arcane models show that we would overfish our quota if our season was a Saturday.

We have officially arrived at the peak of the insanity called federal fisheries management.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
The response needs is to push state waters out to 21 fathoms and tell the feds to pound it.
Great idea but all states especially Alabama are beholding to the feds for money to safeguard the waters. I really wish the states would just say on enforcement money and the CG would just stick to rescuing those in need, that is the way it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
The total arrogance of it all. They're OUR fish. Why even have a season?

Reactions: 60hertz

·
Registered
709 Posts
Like Ragnar Danneskjöld's : We should all become pirates and take the fish and give them to the rightful owners: The people :

What total and utter B U L L S H I T

I am John Gault :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
To make it worse, if Alabama extends the season, Alabama waters are only 3 miles out. Sure hope my 2 snapper for the year will not hurt the population !

·
IT'S ALL GOOD !
1,352 Posts
Federal - 1 day. That's rediculous ! they have no clue what or how much is in those waters outside of the state.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Federal - 1 day. That's rediculous ! they have no clue what or how much is in those waters outside of the state.
It is not about actual numbers to them. It is about taking from one group and giving to another. It is all about their agenda, not statistics.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'm not sure why we're surprised that they have the balls to slap us in the face with ludacris, corrupt, and shameful management decisions. They do it all the time.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
I'm not sure why we're surprised that they have the balls to slap us in the face with ludacris, corrupt, and shameful management decisions. They do it all the time.
I'm not surprised one iota. It has been published on NOAA web page since 2004 - 2005, as to exactly what their goal was for the recreational fishermen and women.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts