Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an email this morning from Angler magazine that said this weekend was open for Snapper?? Anyone know about this?

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Yes it is just a two weekends I do believe and it is for sure in the Atlantic. But have no fear that is what is coming our way too, and possibly soon. Just remember grill and release.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is just a two weekends I do believe and it is for sure in the Atlantic. But have no fear that is what is coming our way too, and possibly soon. Just remember grill and release.
I adopted that program a few years back, lol. :whistling:

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
I adopted that program a few years back, lol. :whistling:

All I can say is char grilled Amberjack or Grouper sandwiches are off the chart. It just doesn't get any better than that.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
Hopefully it will be 4 weekends in Oct for the Destin Rodeo.
I hope you're not holding your breath because the word is we far exceeded out poundage due to how large the Snapper were this year. That being said it would be nice though.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Next year, better make everyone use wire hooks, with the size limited to under 5/0! That'll ensure the a smaller size per fish landed!

Perhaps they will be telling us what size pound test MUST be required, too.

All makes sense in the land of Oz!

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,550 Posts
they don't have a clue how many pounds were caught!!

It should not be based on poundage any way. It should be solely on numbers period end of discussion. But they are slowly taking the Recreational Fishermen and Women out of the equation entirely.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts