Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing is huge.
Sorry for the fuzzy picture, it was taken by one of our homeowners.
snake.JPG

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was in one of our new construction Homes in Buffalo Ridge.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys
I thought Gray Rat Snake, but it is so large, Python seemed possible

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
i vote for grey rat snake

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
How big does a gray rat snake get?
A medium to large serpent, the gray ratsnake typically reaches an adult size of 99–183 cm (3.25–6.00 ft) total length (including tail); however, the record is 247 cm (8.10 ft) for a captive specimen at the Ridley 4-H Center in Tennessee.

·
Super Moderator
28,380 Posts
grey rat snake that has shedded part of its body. I have one in my shed last time I saw it was about 6 ft long. I caught an oak snake in my coop the other night and put a tape on him and he was 6-02... this is the 2nd time I have caught him in about 2 weeks...very docile!
20200727_211343.jpg

Reactions: Joraca

·
Super Moderator
28,380 Posts

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
It's a good one to have around. Teach your kids to know this one, it's very docile and wont even think about trying to bite.

·
Super Moderator
28,380 Posts
It's a good one to have around. Teach your kids to know this one, it's very docile and wont even think about trying to bite.

Not quite....usually grey rats are more docile compared to red rats but the last couple I have ran into have had nasty attitudes...don't matter, it ain't like it hurts when they bite. Now oak snakes are always docile, haven't had one bite me yet! They are all good to have around though!!!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Right before you picked up that guy his head looked triangle shaped like a viper. It's hard for most of us to ID them like you snake handlers can.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts