Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its cold now but it wont be long before you need them again.what kind do you have? has a snake ever struck at you? thanks

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
I have a pair of 16" rocky's with the zipper on the side. Makes them super easy to put on especially when you tuck your pants inside. They are comfortable and waterproof. Got them at bass pro for 100.00 last year

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies. ill have to go try some on, do some research. turkey season right around the corner.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have a pair of redheads from basspro, great boot and very comfortable, i wear them all season due to comfort and warmth.

·
Registered
478 Posts
My bust, Splitine already covered them, i agree fully with his post. Excellent boot for the money.

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Biller48 (2/16/2010)I have a pair of redheads from basspro, great boot and very comfortable, i wear them all season due to comfort and warmth.
x2, or 3 actually. these are great boots and an awesome value. been trekin' in mine for 5 years and they've still got a ton left in them.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I worked in the wetlands everyday for the past five years (until this summer....). I went through 3-4 pairs of boots a year. You get what you pay for except Lacrosse. They were by far the worst if you want serious use out of them. They won't stay waterproof either. My favorites are Danner Pronghorns. You have to order them through cabelas and they run about $230. They are lighter, break in super fast, and stay waterproof for longer than other brands. I wore snakeboots for 8-12 hrs a day for years and the danners are the only ones that can take a true day in, day out ass kickin. BTW they run about a half size too big....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Go to google and look up Dans hunting gear. I have a pair of snake chaps that are glued and sewn to a pair of muck boots. They also offer lacrosse boots. Snake proof, water proof, and EXTREMELY comfortable. They are $129 for a pair!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Go to google and look up Dans hunting gear. I have a pair of snake chaps that are glued and sewn to a pair of muck boots. They also offer lacrosse boots. Snake proof, water proof, and EXTREMELY comfortable. They are $129 for a pair!

·
Registered
29 Posts
My Rocky sidezips disappointed me. Started leaking the first month of wear and the soles came about halfway off by the 3rd month. I did wear them almost everyday for those 3 months. They were my first and last pair of Rocky's.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Caique (2/28/2010)My Rocky sidezips disappointed me. Started leaking the first month of wear and the soles came about halfway off by the 3rd month. I did wear them almost everyday for those 3 months. They were my first and last pair of Rocky's.
that's ridiculous. i'd be willing to bet if you called rocky they'd be embarrassed and would send you a new pair. they usually make quality stuff and i've owned a couple pair of rocky's and liked them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
They might still be talked into making me happy about those boots, but this happened in fall '08 so I couldn't expect much from them. I don't doubt they make some good boots....a lot of my friends like them, I might have just grabbed a pair of lemons. I still can't bring myself to buy from them again though.

·
Registered
173 Posts
K-Bill (3/2/2010)
Caique (2/28/2010)My Rocky sidezips disappointed me. Started leaking the first month of wear and the soles came about halfway off by the 3rd month. I did wear them almost everyday for those 3 months. They were my first and last pair of Rocky's.
that's ridiculous. i'd be willing to bet if you called rocky they'd be embarrassed and would send you a new pair. they usually make quality stuff and i've owned a couple pair of rocky's and liked them.

Just for what it's worth I bought a pair of rockys from Mike's some years back. Within a month; one of the d ring eyelets broke loose. I happened to hunt with Pat at Mike's at the time, so I showed him and he told me to finish the season with them and bring them back at the end of the season and he would exchange. I know some have a bad taste for Mike's, but there are some benefits to buying local and buying reputable brands. So I say call Rocky, explain to them you bought their boot based on reputation, but if this is all you can expect from their boots; that you won't buy another pair. I bet they take care of you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i ended up getting some red heads over the weekend, they were on sale. fairly comfortable havent been in the woods yet to break um in. also got some spray on water proofer for added water proofing. hope fully get todo some scouting this weekend try them out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts