Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need snake boot recs on non hunting, more land clearing chainsaw summer work,Kinda what boots would u wear in dead summer clearing timber land for food patches aka plots . Thanks !

·
Registered
865 Posts
My LaCrosse are nice and comfortable. They’re muck boot-slip on style but are dependable for all day use. I haven’t tested the snake proofness but they claim so.

·
Super Moderator
19,824 Posts
Danner, Irish Setter and Chipapewa are hard to beat. If you’re on a budget the Redhead brand are as comfy as they get but definitely not waterproof as stated.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I’m a fan of the lacrosse snake boots too. I think mine are the alpha snake boots. They’re waterproof. Haven’t been bit yet to test out the snakeproof’ness...

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you go with Irish Setter stay away from ones with glued soles. I've warn Irish Setter for many years the last pair didn't last a year before the glue failed. My son has some Rocky he has warn for 7 or 8 years. Other than the waterproof membrane failing last year they have been awesome boots for the money. I went with a Chippewa all leather upper pull on. They are quite a bit heavier than most snake proof boots I've had. For not being broken in they seem comfortable.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Irish setter vapor trek I believe is what I have. Comfortable. Last season I had to spray them with snow seal to waterproof them again. This will be season 4 on them. Had rocky's before. Great boat other then was never water anything. Walking through wet grass got my feet soaked. Fixed that issue with snow seal as well as mink oil

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
463 Posts
Irish Setter Men's 2875 Vaprtrek Waterproof 17" Hunting Boot... best wearing snake boot I have ever owned. Wear better and last longer than the Rocky's I had... If the water seal breaks, they replace them for free.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I wear the LaCross Alpha rubber snake boots. Waterproof and no insulation so they don't get too hot. They ain't made for walking very far so don't wear them Turkey hunting until you break them in really well. I about wore a hole in my ankle bone the first few times I wore them walking more than just a few hundred yards to the stand

1 - 12 of 12 Posts