Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Day one of our Bryson City trip went AWESOME. After getting all our campers set up, off to the bait store fer licenses and necessities!!! We 1st hit a hole we usually catch fish at and nothing! My yoingin (Logan) and Joe came from up creek and had 1 small trout on the stringer. I made a crack about it being enough to feed the whole crew and I reckon the trout decided to turn on. Logan then hooked into a MONSTER... 23 1/4 brown and then me and Bob caught a couple normal sized brown and rainbows. Then Logan hooked another good brown, this one was 19. We retired fer the night but if this was a precursor to what is to come, we gonna have a blast!!! After church today they are all fishing but Im going junk finding!!! More stories to come...

Internet is crap up here....trying to get pics up!!!!!:001_huh:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Jason,

If you run out of things to do and like Elk, run over to Cataloochie and give it a try early or late.
We did it in October when they were bugling and it was fun. Seeing a big bull bugling in a large open meadow herding up 30 cows is an experience.

NICE CATCH !

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Nice trout, I’ll be up there the week after next, will be staying in Sylva, are y’all staying at deep creek, my family used to camp there a lot when I was a kid, but I never did fish there? How was your boy fishing to get those browns, bait, spinners, fly? Y’all have fun, enjoy those cool evenings.

Reactions: chaps

·
Super Moderator
28,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fer putting pics up Robert.

Yeah we have been over there and seen them elk. There is a place called the Caldwell House and I was never able to confirm if that is part of my family.... We have several Caldwells in the mountains so its possible.... beautiful area.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Nice trout, I’ll be up there the week after next, will be staying in Sylva, are y’all staying at deep creek, my family used to camp there a lot when I was a kid, but I never did fish there? How was your boy fishing to get those browns, bait, spinners, fly? Y’all have fun, enjoy those cool evenings.

Yes please some info. I’m at my in-laws in Blairsville

Thanks

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Great job on the fish Jason and Gang! I never took the poles outta the truck on my trip to PA due to all the streams and Clarion River being flooded the entire time we were there!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Wow! Monster browns.

·
Super Moderator
28,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most folks fish fer em with corn....aint tried that we just use a small sinker, gold bream hook 6-8 and sometimes a bobber sometimes not. Get broke off a bit due to rocks but its usually good pickins. Got a population of smallies too. Caught a few more small or should i say average today... even a few bream and a couple smallies. Relaxing at camp now fixing to throw some chicken on the egg to make everyone slober!!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Its actually called The Great Smokey Mountain Campground. Its at the end of Deep Creek Rd right before the state park. Bryson City NC. Caught a few more fish today and a dang fine small mouth tonight night fishing....
IMG_20190630_222259_733.jpg

Reactions: DLo and Bodupp

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
We make a couple trips a year in the Franklin NC area. I haven't tried to fish but wife keeps telling I need to do it. Have a place there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts