·
Bearded Brotula
14,955 Posts
Food Tableware Ingredient Plant Recipe

Reactions: stevenattsu

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I've brought back a large bag from Hillman's, started downing some smaller ones while putting the big ones on the smoker. Whoa what a feast. Prolly do it again this coming season!

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
how much a bag this year? bought a quart for $32 couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
how much a bag this year? bought a quart for $32 couple weeks ago.
I'm in the process of checking that out now, get back witcha. You'll probably find out sooner than me, you live around the corner compared to me up here!

·
Registered
158 Posts
not much of a recipe but when i was homeless as a teen I chopped them off bay and bayou docks , rocks and columns at low tide and cooked them over an open fire under an old grocery cart. they were fantastic with a packet of ketchup
Jesus have Mercy. And I am sitting here grumbling to myself that we are out of Splenda. If that wasn't a reality check plus a nut kick I don't know what is. i shall crawl back back in my hole now.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Jesus have Mercy. And I am sitting here grumbling to myself that we are out of Splenda. If that wasn't a reality check plus a nut kick I don't know what is. i shall crawl back back in my hole now.
Funny but not at the same time. Some times we need a little perspective to get back right. He made me think about how well I have it for sure.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Paid around $60ish dollars back around November.
WOW! $60ish for a quart, or maybe you meant bag. I may have to re-eval my cravings here rightly. Gonna see if I can find out the scoop today.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
last two sacks i got at rollo's was $45. 35 lbs. 100 count
jack

·
Bearded Brotula
14,955 Posts
Haven't had Rollos, but the ones at Billy's are worth $60 a sack. Good thing you don't pay by weight though, since they have about 10 lbs of mud on them.

Reactions: jack2

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
where does billy get his?
jack

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Rollos trades with Billys and others along the route. The possibility of them being from the same source are high

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Last sack I got from Billie's came from Texas, and I concur, they were dirty as hell but tasty.

The local boutique oysters are really really good but hard to source outside of a restaurant. I paid $18 for six oysters at a fine dining establishment around Christmas.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
WOW! $60ish for a quart, or maybe you meant bag. I may have to re-eval my cravings here rightly. Gonna see if I can find out the scoop today.

called Hillmans and they said no oysters till May???? got about a dozen boats working west bay right now.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
called Hillmans and they said no oysters till May???? got about a dozen boats working west bay right now.
Seasons
Monday–Friday from November 1 through April 30, sunrise to 3:30 p.m., coastwide.
I don't get that at all! Last year when I got there in May they said it closed in April. Sumpins up.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Seasons
Monday–Friday from November 1 through April 30, sunrise to 3:30 p.m., coastwide.
I don't get that at all! Last year when I got there in May they said it closed in April. Sumpins up.

maybe i misunderstood him-----he did have a accent.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts