Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sure love then and for 50 years a can , crackers and a tooth pick was a good lunch.
as time went on i pulled away from the toxins etc but love the Ocean Farm Raised from South Korea
4th case came this week with best before date of March 2026 . just passing along my favorite although prince Albert is a close 2nd for me .
Font Art Rectangle Emblem Symbol
Plant Food Ingredient Recipe Dish
Water Sky Azure Body of water Lake
Water resources Map Ecoregion World Nature
Water resources Water Ecoregion World Map

·
Weekend Warrior
189 Posts
I love me some smoked oysters as well. I was hoping this thread was a good recipe to make some fresh as I have only had canned. It can’t be too hard to make some but I’ve never heard of anyone doing it.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love me some smoked oysters as well. I was hoping this thread was a good recipe to make some fresh as I have only had canned. It can’t be too hard to make some but I’ve never heard of anyone doing it.
not much of a recipe but when i was homeless as a teen I chopped them off bay and bayou docks , rocks and columns at low tide and cooked them over an open fire under an old grocery cart. they were fantastic with a packet of ketchup

·
Weekend Warrior
189 Posts
Yes I’ve thrown em on a grill a lot but never really tried to put the smoke to them

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I've brought back a large bag from Hillman's, started downing some smaller ones while putting the big ones on the smoker. Whoa what a feast. Prolly do it again this coming season!

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Bearded Brotula
14,937 Posts
You may be eating them wrong
I buy the Hot and Spicy ones and Bourbon BBQ. Add some ghost pepper sauce to them. Frank's red hot is too salty for me. Can't eat salty stuff anymore, since I quit smoking.

·
Bearded Brotula
14,937 Posts

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Im waiting on Jack to do a review of the high dollar sardines I sent him for Christmas
yep, high dollar ain't the word for it. i saw on amazon that the four pack you sent me was over 30 bucks.
thanks, steven.
like i said, they were good with a cracker but that $$ kept me from enjoying it. $8 for 3 ozs of fish is way outta my league. i'll save the other 3 cans for a special occasion like serving caviar for an appetizer at the country club. lol
jack

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
yep, high dollar ain't the word for it. i saw on amazon that the four pack you sent me was over 30 bucks.
thanks, steven.
like i said, they were good with a cracker but that $$ kept me from enjoying it. $8 for 3 ozs of fish is way outta my league. i'll save the other 3 cans for a special occasion like serving caviar for an appetizer at the country club. lol
jack
Sometimes even a broke cracker deserves the finer things in life

1 - 20 of 51 Posts