Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Jason has 0 ability for mechanical stuff

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls.
He’s tryin to build a floating dock out of old pontoon boats he has some kind of ability he just needs a little faith in it .3 generator carbs should be less than a hour. Lot less labor than building dock I’m sure. And with a little help with this crew should be easy!!!! .

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
He’s tryin to build a floating dock out of old pontoon boats he has some kind of ability he just needs a little faith in it .3 generator carbs should be less than a hour. Lot less labor than building dock I’m sure. And with a little help with this crew should be easy!!!! .
Lol. He has some redneck ingenuity and fabrication fun skills.

Prostaff member for Old Crow Custom Calls.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
The cheap parts on Amazon are probably not Honda parts. Not saying they won’t work but just be aware of that. You might try Posner Marine in Pensacola. That’s where I bought mine in 07. Never used there service but it sounds like you are on a deadline. Honda carbs are not that hard to clean as others have said.

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,626 Posts
Jason, just sent you a text. Plus bring fresh gas too.

Reactions: murfpcola

·
Registered
533 Posts
I take my mower to Bellview Small Engine Repair on Muldoon. Veteran owned business and has always seemed fair and quick turn around.
I've used them before too. Satisfied customer here. Everyone must be pleased with them because now they have a call list that you get on. They call you back when it's your turn so you can bring your equipment in. No matter where you go, you'll wait.

·
Super Moderator
29,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
OK, yeah my mechanical skills are lacking fer sure.....I'm alot better then I ever was and will take shit apart!!!! Now putting it back together is another thing!!! hahaha Well turn of events, the one gen that wouldn't run ahhhhhhhh I think a thing called gas was the culprit. I let someone borrow it and it was full of gas so I THOUGHT it had gas in it!!!! Sooooooo check obvious things 1st!!!! Put gas in it, and fresh gas in the other that ran rough and cranked em up. Let em run fer about 10 minutes and they are good. I still have a pressure washer that will run on choke but dies when switched to run so I'm just gonna order a carb and MAKE MYSELF do it myself.

As fer solar fer the camper, I'm not sure if the solar would run both AC's or even 1 of em and since Dega is the only time I ever boondock, its not worth the added expense.

Mark, I never got a text,,,,,

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,626 Posts
Glad you got them running. If you can't get the correct carb for the pressure washer, drag it by the house.
I might have to make you a Magic Fuc**ng Wand like I had in the city shop. Wave it above the piece of equipment that was broke (with the customer there) and call it good.

Reactions: jwilson1978

·
Super Moderator
29,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

·
Registered
13,540 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy some “mechanic in a bottle”. Pour in the tank and let it run. It is a miracle cure for small engines.

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,626 Posts
Not if the bowl looked like this. No, not Jason's, after a good clean/ream, started on the 2nd pull.

Dish Gas Cuisine Circle Ingredient

• Wow
Reactions: Kamac and murfpcola

·
Praedator
10,198 Posts
Jason

I can run up to your place one day and help you take the carbs apart and see if they just need cleaning. I've always just soaked my carbs in diesel for 24-48 hours with some agitation in there to get the gunk out. After the soak, use compressed air on the jets and throw them back on and they are golden.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts