Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite the approaching full moon and knowing the bite could be slower, me and a couple friends hit the surf this morning hoping to bag some more Flounder. We fished some very fishy looking spots and it was very, very slow. A lot of small fish followed and a few grabbed the tails but very few legal fish and after 3 hours the three of us beached 6 Flounder with only 4 keepers. We did get into some studly bluefish and the highlight of the morning was the display of marine life.

I just sat down quite a few times watching the show. Sharks of all sizes and in good numbers, manta rays breaching, tons of dolphins and loads of big mullet showering often as big toothies chased them into the shallows. At one point my friend Duck had 3 big Bull Sharks chasing the Bluefish he had hooked. It was awesome even though the fishing was not.

Good morning out there and had time to catch up on cleaning some Flatties from yesterday. Next week this moon will be smaller and the flatties should eat good again.

Attachments

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's so many ways but I'd be lying if I said that good 'ole fashioned deep fried isn't my favorite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts