Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my girlfriends brother out for a little fishing Sunday morning. We left the house around 7 am and went to a little spot inshore to fish the falling tide. Shrimp tipped jigs, gulps, live bait...nothing! A few pinfish were all we had to show for our efforts. We decided to hitthe surf and try again. GBB&T was out of shrimp so we picked up a mullet for cut bait to try for some blues. We went past Portofino and found a good looking area. Fishing two rods with the shrimp I had left, and two rods with cut mullet we got a bite on the mullet after 30 minutes or so. I let Matt take it, and it was a solid fish. A few minutes later a nice red hits the beach(slot red at 25 inches). Matt's pumped and I'm glad he caught something. Nothing for another 45 minutes so we moved a few hundred yards to another nice lookng wash. We fished there for nearly an hour with nothing. Oh well, at least we caught something. I have pics on my cell phone and I'll upload them later today. Tight lines.

-Jason

·
Praedator
10,009 Posts
Catching that one fish makes it so much better than being skunked. And for it to be a good slot red makes it even better. Thanks for the report.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts