Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,462 Posts
Yesterday morning was good... saw 14 does between a buddy and myself. He was pretty pumped just to see deer as he is just about fully recovered from a heart transplant 7 months ago. As much as I wanted a buck to walk out, it didn't happen.

This morning was very slow. Hunted by myself. Shot a coyote at 6:55, saw a doe at 9am. Found blood but couldn't find the dog. taking a break this afternoon to run some errands, and getting after them in the heat tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
661 Posts
I had a spike walk around my tree staring me down. He eventually gave up and walked off. Didn't see anything else.

planning on trying tomorrow afternoon

·
Registered
13,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perfect afternoon, sitting about 100 yards of the greenfield between feeding and bedding area. Only problem, no deer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I don’t understand how a field that pretty can have no deer in it. I just started to lower my gun at dark and I had a deer walk under me. Couldn’t see what it was but I think it was a spike based on the little rubs. I’ve been hunting a new spot every day and I’ve got some pretty places...just not seeing deer to match all the sign.

·
Registered
10,984 Posts
Had a goal for getting way back in the swamp today so of course a sow just about walks into me 10 minutes after getting out of the boat. I ran her off, then later passed on a huge boar, no way I'd have got him out. Ended up seeing the 2 hogs, 4 turkeys, an otter, and 2 does. Made it back to where I wanted to see, sho nuff pretty, but good Lord getting something out would have taken a day.

·
Registered
11,611 Posts
Saw a large Cowhorn we let walk. Have a younger hunter up this weekend never shot one. Going to put them in the ahooting house in the morning with a green light on anything that comes out

·
Banned
2,275 Posts
Peak times for movement was around 230pm...accordng to usprimetimes....tomorrow 4 till 530 should be very good....its early and the temp has been up..I'm making money and waiting for it to get right and also no burn out syndrome ...don't get me wrong, its been pretty and I'd love to be looking at some trees,but bills are coming first this go round, good luck guys.....

·
Registered
10,691 Posts
I don’t understand how a field that pretty can have no deer in it. I just started to lower my gun at dark and I had a deer walk under me. Couldn’t see what it was but I think it was a spike based on the little rubs. I’ve been hunting a new spot every day and I’ve got some pretty places...just not seeing deer to match all the sign.
I couldn't see the field from where I was set up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts