Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody using slide tracks on their kayak to mount rod holders, fishfinders, etc? I'm considering what route to go on a Hobie Revo 13. I know Scotty and RAM make track systems. Thanks.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I use the Slide-Trax system on my Tarpon 140 and I really like it. Once you have the rectangular plates everything is pretty much interchangeable and easy to move (I keep an allen wrench in my vest)

I think the Slide-Trax system is more durable than drilling additional holes and using either screws or pop-rivets.

·
Registered
447 Posts
No, I have the rod holder and plate made by Harmony, as well as the brass plates.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got them on my Ride135. I've got the dashboard and Scotty rod holders mounted on each end. Due to the width of the yak, I have to slide the seat all the way forward to comfortably reach the rod holders. I'm planning on mounting a fish finder in the middle of the dashboard. Unlike my homemade launcher behind the seat, I can adjust the rod holders to keep my rods out of the way when I'm fishing around bridges and trees. You'll have to buy the bolts, washers, and nuts seperately. Be prepared if you buy the marine grade stainless, they are expensive!

·
Wet azz
33 Posts
I've got them on my Ride135. I've got the dashboard and Scotty rod holders mounted on each end. Due to the width of the yak, I have to slide the seat all the way forward to comfortably reach the rod holders. I'm planning on mounting a fish finder in the middle of the dashboard. Unlike my homemade launcher behind the seat, I can adjust the rod holders to keep my rods out of the way when I'm fishing around bridges and trees. You'll have to buy the bolts, washers, and nuts seperately. Be prepared if you buy the marine grade stainless, they are expensive!
Is that dashboard the one Harmony sells and states is for the Commander only? I am purchasing a Ride 135 at the end of the month and like the dashboard setup but wasn't able to find one on Harmony's website or any other specific to the Ride series.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Is that dashboard the one Harmony sells and states is for the Commander only? I am purchasing a Ride 135 at the end of the month and like the dashboard setup but wasn't able to find one on Harmony's website or any other specific to the Ride series.

Harmony makes a large dashboard specifically for the wide Commander and the regular one that is 23.5 inches wide (the slots are elongated to adjust for width) Possibly measure your width at the Slide Trax and see if it will fit, but I believe the regular dashboard is made to fit all of Wilderness Systems Slide Trax models with the exception of the Commander.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just measured it and it is the 23.5 inch one... I bought from the same place I bought the yak. I'll definately have to get the 25.5 inch one, I just need another inch or two closer so I can reach them without stretching. I also just purchased the Slide Trax 4 pack tie downs so I'll have something closer to the rod holders to clip the rod leashes to.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Chris,

I got the Commander dashboard today. It came with washers, thumb screws, and the brass plates. I don't think you can use it without the risers that came with the tarpon dashboard, it's too low to get your legs under, and the thumb screws were too short to use with the risers. Since I already had the risers and longer mounting screws, installing the new dashboard was a breeze.

Robert

·
Wet azz
33 Posts
Thanks for the update Robert. That is what I was afraid of. Looks like I need to do some figuring on making some home made risers so I don't have to buy two dashboards to piece one together. Thanks again.

Chris

·
Registered
32 Posts
They are 4 inches tall. Here's the reply I got from Harmonygear.com, I haven't checked it out.

Thanks for your message. We do not offer the legs for individual resale. Because you sit so low in the Commander, the legs are not needed for the dashboard. If you'd like to retrofit the dashboard anyway, I would recommend looking at the website http://madfroggear.com/ They will be your best bet for finding this individual part.

·
Wet azz
33 Posts
Appreciate it. I figured there had to be some place out there that made parts that you could buy. I'm just surprised that there isn't more gear made for the Rides like there is for the other WS models.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts