Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been asking everyone, why can a pipe 1 inch larger or 1 inch smaller not be put over or inside the broken pipe and seal it off then continue pumping. After severalfutileattempts to stop the leak over the las t 3 weeks, i hear that BP has come up with this very solution and they will be able to recover the oil and sell it to refineries.

Now i am not a conspiracy theory guy but i think this has been the plan all along and until the logistics were there, there never was any real attempt to stop the well from gushing. That is, I am sure they attempted to shut to valve at the bottom but when it didnotwork, i am sure the decision was to stop ittemporarilyuntil BP could start pumping it again.

we will see, but i bet that the latest solution to sleeve the pipe and pump it to ships via 5000 ft of pipe works!

·
Registered
324 Posts
BP is going to plug that well eventually. They are not going to produce it. They have been very clear about that. Theyhave discovered a huge new oil field however, which they will produce with other wells (assuming that they are allowed to drill again).

·
Registered
142 Posts
What I understand is the pipe is bent and crimped on the ocean floor restricting the flow of oiland to sleeve the pipe they will have to cut the pipe and allow the oil to flow at a rate greater than what it is leaking now and then try to sleeve the pipe. If the sleeving attempt failed we would have a larger mess than we have now.

·
Registered
840 Posts
DHB699 (14/05/2010)What I understand is the pipe is bent and crimped on the ocean floor restricting the flow of oiland to sleeve the pipe they will have to cut the pipe and allow the oil to flow at a rate greater than what it is leaking now and then try to sleeve the pipe. If the sleeving attempt failed we would have a larger mess than we have now.
That makes sence

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Will someone please tell me why this was not done 3 weeks ago ?

This IS crazy, like the engineers are twiddling their thumbs. Sure it is deep, dark, cold, but after 10,000's of wells been drilled, there should have beenblowout plans if the BOP failed. These guys have gotten too comfortable,, ""well this has never happened before""""" SO,,,I could have came up with some try-able ideas that would have not comprimised the well. The pipe is only 21" in diameter, you could have stuck a piece of wood in the riser to block the flow,,just kinda kidding before you all start telling me why wood would not work. How about a inflatable cylinder, stick it inside pipe, & inflate with a substance that would work in 5000' of water,,,

TRY SOMETHING 3 WEEKS AGO !!!!

remember what BP stands for ,,,,,BRITISH,,,,not in their back yard,,,,,

I am mad,,,

·
Registered
109 Posts
DHB699 (14/05/2010)What I understand is the pipe is bent and crimped on the ocean floor restricting the flow of oiland to sleeve the pipe they will have to cut the pipe and allow the oil to flow at a rate greater than what it is leaking now and then try to sleeve the pipe. If the sleeving attempt failed we would have a larger mess than we have now.
Precisely stated!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts