Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I give you credit for a slam. good job!!!!!!

pb&jellyfish (4/21/2009)I prefer the whiskered slam: black drum, whiting, and sturgeon. Catfish can be substituted for sturgeon of course.
Lets not also forget the trash can slam (jack ,ladyfish ,catfish)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Cool. I've learned something new today. I didn't know about the slam. Got one last time I was out last Sunday with 2 slot reds, a black drum, 3 legal specks, and 1 flounder. Back home before my wife woke up and still got a slam.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Congratulations on the Slam. I live in mulat and know how tough fishing can be in this area. Once again congratulations on a great feat for inshore fishing

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good fishing Buckethead, Did ya make it out later that day? I live in Milton. I will be putting in over at mulat friday morning early. Ill be in a 16 ft. skiff. with my wife. If you are out there come by and say Hi..

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Nah, I'm doing the ECRC Tournament on Saturday, I pre-fished in Hogtown Bayou today and saw a TON of reds, I only got one keeper at 22" on the flats. Chased a 27" around for about ten minutes trying to get him to bite. I'll be in the Sound tomorrow and Friday, but I'm always around Mulat or upper Escambia, I'll be in a yellow 16' Hewes if you're around gimme a holler.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
my typical slam- catfish, sting ray, skipjack...is that a redneck slam, or a trailer park trifecta, or what?

nice catches and report on your part. screw the semantics. you had a slam. a 24 inch trout is a damn fine catch- best YEAR i ever had i caught2 24 inch specks- one at Ultralite's and one at the Theo Barrs Bridge. Didn't weigh either fish. Buddy of mine caughta 27" speck on my boat and we didn't weigh it either. He caught that fish on a Rattle Trap in Mackey Cove. Screw it if folks don't believe ya' or give you a hard time. Sounds like you had a great trip to me!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts