Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting called in to work yesterday 30min after buying 3dozen shrimp, I figured the fish gods had were havingtheir fun at my expense. And to top it off,myfriends took my shrimp to 17th st while I worked 14hrs and caught some pinfish n a slot. At that point, a pinfish might as well been a Cobia cuz they were out having fun with my shrimp like they stole my prom date and all they had to do was take her to Taco Bell. Well it was time for payback and I'd have the last laugh with my pics of the bull reds or pomps I caught in the surf. So I picked up 3 dozen more about 1pm and headed out. Cast after cast, and no takers. Not even a hard head. After 3hrs and only using 3 shrimp on 3 poles (that's 3 total shrimp period), I knew it just wasn't meant to be. So I sweared at the surf and packed up for departure. Guess the keepers of the fish figured I couldn't take a joke. So as I got about a mile down the road, I saw 2 poles bent over well and one excited fisherman enjoying his catch. :reallycrying

·
Registered
908 Posts
Give it a little more time. The Pomps aren't thick yet, the water needs to warm up a little bit more but they'll be here soon. I'm going to give a shot in the morning just for the heck of it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The water temp is 63. The schools should pass through when it gets to 68 and that could be in 2 weeks or so. You'll have a blast then. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Don't feel to bad. I fished down that wayfora couple hoursthis afternoon and couldn't even get my bait stolen. It was a neap tide today so that may have played a smallpart in it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Linkovich (3/28/2010)Don't feel to bad. I fished down that wayfora couple hoursthis afternoon and couldn't even get my bait stolen. It was a neap tide today so that may have played a smallpart in it.
That's what tripped me out nothing even stole the bait. Yeah, I knew it was still rather early but figured I'd get picked off at least once. Usually after several casts, the shrimp would eventually fly off and you have to rebait. Well it didn't even do that and I was chunking it. It was like the shrimp were on an amusement park ride and stayed on for the fun cuz they knew they wouldn't get eaten.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
It's a little early just yet. Sometimes, you can find a few but is uncertain.

I take my plugging outfit and practice my casting while waiting for a bite on the spikes.

Sometimes, I catch a fish or three on both outfits. C2

·
Registered
53 Posts
My son and I fished7 hours Saturday at three different spots and only caught a stingray. We fished both east and west ends of the island.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts