Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
FishSlayer
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been out atleast half a dozen times in the past week and a half and have been completely skunked when it comes to red fish. I've gone every where from 3mile to bobsikes, all up and down the beach in the Surf and even went to Pickens pier last night with no runs what so ever. I'm using dead shrimp, live shrimp, menhaden, and mullet for bait and can't seem to figure out what's up. If anyone has any advice or a spot that should produce some fish it would be very nice and I would be grateful.

·
FishSlayer
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bravo I'm having bad luck all around, I can't even seem to catch trout at sikes and no where seems to ever have fleas or crabs when I want them. I've done menhaden heads just about every where and nothing but bait fish seem to chew at it.

·
I'd Love to Catch a
3,915 Posts
If you're looking for redfish at the places you mentioned, artificials are the ticket man!

·
Registered
43 Posts
im no pro and if im incorrect anyone feel free to correct me but id really look into what time u are going what the tides are doing so on and choose your spots based upon what info u have and allready know .also if u get skunked make note in ur head the conditions ,tide if there was a moving tide and the time then next time ur on some tight lines note the conditions and time as well . winter is werid for fish they get all slow and wackey but the bite is there and they eat . just keep those lines in the water and it wont be long befor ya on some fish. sometimes i use a sabiki with a little chunks during the daytime to catch those ground mullet and white trout freeze them for nighttime and use them puppies later on if u dont use any artificials. a good tip i got from thafish was nice big ground mullet head is red fish candy it works. tho i use mostly a twister tail on a jig head or something of that sort this time of the year we get alot of fronts come thru .try befor and after they push thru good luck tight lines hope this helps some

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Sikes last night was dead, dead, dead! All I caught was a fireworm :laughing:
Guess I'm gonna be forced to go freshwater :yes:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
im no pro and if im incorrect anyone feel free to correct me but id really look into what time u are going what the tides are doing so on and choose your spots based upon what info u have and allready know .also if u get skunked make note in ur head the conditions ,tide if there was a moving tide and the time then next time ur on some tight lines note the conditions and time as well . winter is werid for fish they get all slow and wackey but the bite is there and they eat . just keep those lines in the water and it wont be long befor ya on some fish. sometimes i use a sabiki with a little chunks during the daytime to catch those ground mullet and white trout freeze them for nighttime and use them puppies later on if u dont use any artificials. a good tip i got from thafish was nice big ground mullet head is red fish candy it works. tho i use mostly a twister tail on a jig head or something of that sort this time of the year we get alot of fronts come thru .try befor and after they push thru good luck tight lines hope this helps some
I've fished for bull reds for years and have yet to find a pattern so I don't think about it and just go. I've caught them on all tides, different times of day, different moons, different weather, ect. I've gone out one night and caught ten and gone out the next with the same conditions and didn't catch any. Like stated ground mullet heads or white trout will work and so will men haden for reds. Set out a rod or two with bait then throw an artificial if you're at one of the bridges.

·
FishSlayer
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have fished the tide every way and have not had much luck lately, used variety of bait and variety of spots and nothing

·
FishSlayer
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
How do you know what I do or don't like, for all you know I could be at with your wife, gf, or daughter, and then go have some necro time with your mom

·
LyterKillsLing
718 Posts
Red fish don't have patterns they just swim and eat... I've been seeing a lot wading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts