Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out 4x in the past two weeks, and was only able to land one trout, too many catfish, and a couple lady fish. I've tried all my usual spots...south side and north side in the Gulf Breeze area, drifted the grass flats/potholes, and worked areas with bait/mullet activity, and incoming/outgoing tides. I've tried top water in the early am, matrix and DOA soft plastics, and live shrimp/pin fish under a popping cork. In previous years, these spots/tactics always yielded a load of trout, redfish, and even flounder...but this year nothing. I cannot figure it out.... Anyone have any ideas on what's going on, other tactics to use?:wallbash:

Thanks.
Deronlee

·
Registered
148 Posts
Went out 4x in the past two weeks, and was only able to land one trout, too many catfish, and a couple lady fish. I've tried all my usual spots...south side and north side in the Gulf Breeze area, drifted the grass flats/potholes, and worked areas with bait/mullet activity, and incoming/outgoing tides. I've tried top water in the early am, matrix and DOA soft plastics, and live shrimp/pin fish under a popping cork. In previous years, these spots/tactics always yielded a load of trout, redfish, and even flounder...but this year nothing. I cannot figure it out.... Anyone have any ideas on what's going on, other tactics to use?:wallbash:

Thanks.

Deronlee

Story of my life man lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
I've been slaying in the sound/bays the last month. That being said, I got skunked yesterday in the sound. Water was moving, mullet and small bait-fish were there. It was perfect. Sometimes they just dont bite. Your tactics and bait are sound. Wait for a couple days without rain and go for it again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll definitely be out there again soon, just have never hit a rut like this since I PCS'D in 2011. Now retired, and will put in as much time as it takes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts