Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are lots of skunks out there these days!!!!! I see no fishing activity of note after these rains and no king bite at the Bay Bridge. I would appreciate some comments on what I have found to be a terrible effect these rains have had on inshore fishing especially Santa Rosa Sound, Pensacola Bay and Pensacola Pass area. I have caught nothing and have seen no one else fishing and those out there looked like me.......getting skunked. But before the rains the bite was hot, especially slot reds. Any comments in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...........AJ

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dont feel to be bad buddy.. I have been four time this week and only have 2 days with fish in the box.. flounder, black snappers, black drum, and redfish.. However.. 2 of the trips I never caught a legal fish.. A bunch of annoying small gags, lizardfish, and the big croaker! Seems as if the majority of legal black snappers are in deeper water.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Now this is just an opinion(since I ain't fished in a while) but with the amount of rain we've had it has changed the salinity level of the water and pushed some nasty water out from the bayou's. Combined with red tide comin into the pass,fresh murky water comin out the bayou,drastic temp changes,throw in a Nader and ya got a screwed up fish feeding pattern. The fish are probably confused as to where there next meal is comin from,it will get better so be patient.JMHO

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
That Nader sucked up all the fish!!!:banghead:letsdrink

I have been out the last two weeks, with the same results.

Season change, Weather, and red tide. All factors on this inshore bite.

It will heat up here soon. Mullet are thick!!! Going to take my cane pole out and fish for them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
bonita dan (11/1/2007)Now this is just an opinion(since I ain't fished in a while) but with the amount of rain we've had it has changed the salinity level of the water and pushed some nasty water out from the bayou's. Combined with red tide comin into the pass,fresh murky water comin out the bayou,drastic temp changes,throw in a Nader and ya got a screwed up fish feeding pattern. The fish are probably confused as to where there next meal is comin from,it will get better so be patient.JMHO
Dan, i'm with ya. The kings are here. They have nooo choice. Holy matrimony is in their blood. Jusyt like the flatties and mullet. The king we caught last Sat. had row that was just starting. The time to slay them is still to come.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Went out two days ago to check things out.Navarre boat ramp had quite a few stinkers it was obvious there were more around . Headed to the shallows east of Juanas 100's of dead fish at the bottom some floating. Manheaden, medium size mullet....lots of them....turned around back home washed the boat .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts