Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here on a Norinco SKS Rifle? I have one that jams everytime on the 6th or 7th shot. Taking it apart and done just about everything we know to try to get it to stop jamming. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what it might be causing it to jam.

(This gun has a AK 47 clip and is also known as the SKM a variance of the SKS but is sold as a SKS. Complicated I know.)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wld1985 (11/19/2007)possible the ammo??? as they say.. cheap ammo... try different ammo and see what happens
I'll give that a try to. It'shangs on the bullets on right side of clip only. Changed clips and still puzzled.

·
Registered
782 Posts
take it to mr. flemming behind buck and bass. he can fix anything on the older ones especially. he is very inexpensive, perhaps to inexpensive. he really does deserve a TIP!

·
Registered
347 Posts
i have a sks and it use to do the same exact thing... how i fixed it...?

I use to load the gun wioth strips and i still do i just use a lil wd with it and it stopped hanging up... easy fix.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whipper snapper (11/19/2007)take it to mr. flemming behind buck and bass. he can fix anything on the older ones especially. he is very inexpensive, perhaps to inexpensive. he really does deserve a TIP!
David to you have a phone number for Mr.Flemming or does he have a business name where I can give him a call so I can take my gun to him. I'm from Crestview not to familiar with Pensacola. I also have a Carbine I will take to him to fix. I will treat him right on the tip if he can fix my guns for me.

·
Registered
782 Posts
6827 Pine Forest Rd # A
Pensacola, FL 32526
(850) 944-6486

he is in the same building as buck and bass on pine forrest rd.

i would get off at the pine forest rd exit and go south about a 1 1/2 miles. it will be on you right. he is a great guy, very smart. he was a chemical engineer by trade before retiring. he's someone you can sit and talk with for hours about anything.

he would never ask for a tip.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Generally with my experience with magazine fed rifles and handguns...the first thing to look at is the magazine. If you have tried other magazines and it does the same thing then I would agree that it has some internal problem.

·
Registered
736 Posts
i have had a couple of those ..........generally it is the mag/s causing the problem.......if you have tried 3 or 4 different mags and they are seating correctly but you still have the problem,then start looking around the magwell and bottom chamber area.....i assume that area around the magwell and ramp is clean and lightly oiled

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks I'm going to give him a call right now. I appreciate everyone's input on this. This has been one of those head banging experiences.:banghead:banghead:banghead

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
I had a 50 round mag, and the I think 3rd to las bulllet would always jam. But it was a problem with the mag, not the gun. And if you said it does it on a certain bullet number, and bought both mags same time same place, sounds like a defective batch of mags.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Clay-Doh (11/20/2007)I had a 50 round mag, and the I think 3rd to las bulllet would always jam. But it was a problem with the mag, not the gun. And if you said it does it on a certain bullet number, and bought both mags same time same place, sounds like a defective batch of mags.
that is very true. back years ago i bought a browning hi-power, so i ordered 2 aftermarket spare clips with which ihad the same problem. later i found the brand i bought was crap and known for those issues. if you aren't in the business of firearms and accessories you wouldn't have known.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts