Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any shops out there doing skeg repair.I pretty much need a whole new one welded on after a little back up mishap today. no other motor damage and ran 65 miles on it, but looks bad. dont want to do the bolt on jobs.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Bring it by the shop and we will have you fixed for the weekend. No problem!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bent mine just a bit and now it has a bit of a port stear but thats all I can tell it has caused id like to get it put back but cost is stoppin me till there are other major work to be done.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Just one fish if you'd like we can heat it and forge hammer it straight. We'll have you ready for next weekend.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ill keep you guys in mind when I finaly do get it done its just a pain to remove the outdrive. im still stalling cause the water pump is bad and I need to pull it anyways.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
The prop shop can weld a new one on while still on the boat. Bill Matthews @ 455 0060. They are on Navy Blvd. next to NAPPA. They simply trim up the drive and add water to the carrier bearing/exhaust housing and the O-rings and seals never get over the temp. of boiling water.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Just a FYI: Never try and use something to try and just "Bend" it back. You will crack it. Follow what the others have said.

Lot's of times they are hammer and dollied back into shape, if not out of wack much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts