Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skanska deployed approx. 150 concrete piling cut-off pieces (approx. 800 tons) in Escambia Near-Shore East Artificial Reef Site at 30 Deg 17.750'N; 087 Deg 13.500'W (approx. 4.5nmi ESE of Pensacola Pass). Water depth at the site is 45 feet.

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
It was reported to be a test run for them to see if it is feasible to dump all the old 3 mile rubble out there or recycle it.

·
Registered
9,505 Posts
Glad to see more stuff going out. But if they push those small concrete pieces like in the picture they will be under the sand covered up in a year. There is a spot to the sw of the barges that has covered up from a few stotms. That would be a good spot to put small pieces of concrete. On top of the old stuff.

·
TJ McBoatFace
321 Posts
Any word on plans for the bridge rubble once they tear down the existing bridges? Agree it would be nice to place it in such a way that it stays above the sand for a few years.

·
Banned
3,774 Posts
Update: As stated before test runs to access cost vs crushing for recycling and selling and we have another concern as I understand someone wishes to purchase the slabs/spans. So a 6 mile long reef near the pass we all hope may not be a done deal.

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
Update: As stated before test runs to access cost vs crushing for recycling and selling and we have another concern as I understand someone wishes to purchase the slabs/spans. So a 6 mile long reef near the pass we all hope may not be a done deal.

'Mo MONEY…… shoot, how cool would that have been?

·
Super Moderator
28,293 Posts
That close and shallow will be good fer a little while but I will agree that the sands will cover most of it up after a few years...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts