Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
simpson specks

I plan on fishing around simpson river sunday morning how far did you go up river or did you fish around the mouth

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a yellow Malibu 14 and was wearing a green hat and sun-glasses. Some times I hear people honk and I wonder if it is a fellow kayaker. Thought about going this morning but the wind looks pretty rough. Simpson river is a great place to launch and gives access to a lot of water.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went out for a couple of hours this afternoon to check out a new spot. Didn't catch anything and I don't remember seeing another kayak. I did see a red one yesterday morning at the mouth of the Simpson River, just below the island, was that you?

Greg

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nope wasnt me. I didnt have much luck today. Hooked into a good red but it spit my hook. I was using shrimp and fiddler crabs. Was hoping to snag a sheepshead under the bridge.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I caught one slot red Thursday afternoon and 2 slot reds and 2 specs yesterday morning early. Nothing today. Caught all reds and 1 spec on super spook Jr. and other spec was on a white and red mr17. Holler at me if you see me out there.

Greg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts