Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Decided to spend the afternoon out on the river after being called out by my buddy, Bimini. The tidal forecast was awful, but the weather was so nice for February that we had to go. The two of us launched about 1:30 pm from the Simpson River kayak launch and headed south. South wind made things kinda sporty out in the open bay but it moderated during the rest of the afternoon. But we were able to find the redfish - I caught 5 in total, three slots - 20, 23 and 25. Lost another big one at the boat. Also caught a sheepshead on a spinner bait, but let him go when I got a redfish hit on the other line. Bimini hooked up two trout and a redfish on the way back in. All reds and trout were caught on 3" Storm swimbaits... Back to the launch about sunset. A great day on the water.

Attachments

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We stuck to the shallows, no more than 2-3 feet. All reds were caught in less than 3 feet of water. The only time I would deviate from that is if you see pelicans diving and working the water. If you see that happening, go there!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts