Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
I watched that whole thing and lost 25 I.Q. points doing it. What is the purpose of that thing? How to use it. Anchor Line Float. I got that; but what is the breakthrough here.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I watched that whole thing and lost 25 I.Q. points doing it. What is the purpose of that thing? How to use it. Anchor Line Float. I got that; but what is the breakthrough here.

You're right. Bad idea posting anything here. I won't post here again.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Wow. Just wow.

Whether you like the idea or not, why post something like this and basically call the guy stupid? Why not just ignore it and go to the next post, website, etc?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I love the DIY stuff. Great idea with the nerf ball. I am concerned that it will absorb water to quick. We used to soak nerf balls and bean the snot out of each other with them when we were kids lol.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stopped coming here years ago because of posts like that... Now Senior Members are doing it.

FWIW I drug the ball around 4.8 miles today out of Big Lagoon. Still dry as a bone. It wasn't supposed to be anything special, just a cheap and small anchor float because I didn't want 3' of noodle to deal with. Before I sealed these up I saturated one in the sink and it still floated, just not as high in the water.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7aPKeDqqyR0djlyc3pNeVROQVE/edit

·
Banned
3,674 Posts
Of course you guys are right and I owe Bluediemond a huge apology.

It was a cruel and mean-spirited comment and no way to treat someone who is trying to share and help others. Please accept my sincerest apology. I don't know what happened, I just snapped. May have to get back on my meds.

Chris was right. I should have just moved on and withheld any judgement. You guys can spin this any way you want. As you gathered, the idea didn't really catch on with me but just to clarify, I NEVER called anybody stupid, nor would I ever.

Once again, my apology. Bluediamond, please don't leave the forum just because of one asinine comment. There are some good people on here.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just moved to Pensacola 5 days ago from Orange County Ca. so I'm trying to learn as much about Gulf fishing as I can before I actually get out on my PA. I found this thread and am really pretty shocked to see a senior member rip into a junior member for trying to pass on some info to others he found useful. I clicked on the link for the video and found it was removed. Poor guy must have been shamed into taking the video down. Guess I'll think twice about posting here. I've found the kayak fishing community to be a close knit group and eager to share info and things learned with others, which now more than ever I could use. I certainly hope negative replies such as this are not the norm on this board.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Good stuff and some outta tha box thinking. I use something a little smaller for those times I have to ditch the anchor for a fish. However, your video gave me an idea for something else.
Thanks for posting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts