Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 34 foot silverton with twin volvo deisels. Is this a good - bad - or - ugly boat to own. Feel free to bash or praise it as I have no commitment on this thing. it is a sportfisher with a flybridge , fresh water cooling and a long list of electronics, full galley and berths for 4.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
If it is Cracklin Rosie make sure you check it out well. Run it and get a surveyor. I looked at it a couple of months ago. There was oil in the bilge, one engine wasn't running, and considering it had been partially sunk andV drive with volvo engines, I passed.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Don't walk away,,, RUN from those Volvo's! You can't keep them cool in the summer.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I looked at Cracklin Rosie also and it is not worth the asking price for sure. If you got time and funds to work with it might make a decent sportfisher. But those engs. have been pickled and alot of things have been done or altered on the vessel. Think you could find something better for a few bucks more.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, probably not a guess on the boat i had interest in. Bang on, Thanks for the insight and saving me a lot of moneyWhere I am going with my train of thought is I want, not need, a boat of fair size with some accomidations that I can spend a few days on with out being to affected by weather. Shelter and AC for summer, a bunk to sleep on and not be to cramped up. I am just a working stiff and when I saw the price on a boat of this size for that price I got all excited. Leave it to my friends to burst my bubble and do it smiling. Thank you. If any one does know of a boat that would fit my needs I have alot of interest. If someone wants to downsize I have an 18 foot CC Ranger to put in the deal.

Again Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts