Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out this morning and the Spanish were everywhere eating everything. I was catching small ones trolling, stopped and live chummed and had the big ones eating out of my hand. I wish I'd had a kid or newbie on the boat. I'm gonna smoke a few and hopefully turn some into grouper and snapper fillets. 3522557303350225675.jpg

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Fine mess of spanish! See any cobia?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, didn't see any cobia today and I was looking.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nice mess! Live chummed? What were you chumming with, if I may ask?

PS- Incidentally if anyone catches extra Spanish they don't, I have heard the raptor rehab center is really looking for fish to feed their birds since they have been getting fewer donations with all this Chinese virus crap going on.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greenbacks (scaled sardines). Mash em a little, throw a handful out and they blow 'em up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Went out this morning and the Spanish were everywhere eating everything. I was catching small ones trolling, stopped and live chummed and had the big ones eating out of my hand. I wish I'd had a kid or newbie on the boat. I'm gonna smoke a few and hopefully turn some into grouper and snapper fillets. View attachment 1067836
Nice work! Bay side or gulf? I’m still learning our area, just moved over from St. Marks, FL. Used to catch a lot of mackerel over there. In shallow water though. How about here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice work! Bay side or gulf? Still learning our area. Recently moved over from St. Marks, FL. Caught a lot of mackerel over there. In shallow water though. How about here?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My wife made smoked mackerel salad out of these and it is absolutely amazing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts