Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First got here no body caught anything. Went to my spot and so far caught 3 sheepshead on live shrimp. Fish ranging from 14-17 inches

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im looking to try for some sheepshead tomorrow. What size hooks would you recommend ? I am pretty much a newbie and so far so I welcome any advice you can give me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was using 15-20 lb fluorocarbon a number 4 hook brand owner ssw or eagle claw straight shank and 15 lb braid for extra sensitivity.

·
Registered
14 Posts
thanks for the advice RandyGuy, I am getting ready to head out to the bob Sykes in an hour or so and fish the bridge and once it gets dark give the reds a go from the sea wall.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Randy guy, we were fishing on the beach side, caught a few croaker and used one as cut bait, and had some frozen shrimp, got several bites and even had something pick up a 2 oz pyramid and run with it long enough to wrap around a pylon, but did not catch a single edible thing. We went out again tonight after the flyers game, for there around 11 and left at 1:30 and all I think we did was feed some crabs, am I missing something here or are there just less fish in the ocean these days.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It seems that way but when you find a spot the produces several fish stick to it an conquer each bite to a science. For example I let people fish on the spot I was fishing on days I wasn't fishing most didn't catch anything but when I go I catch big ones off one pylon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Randy whats up buddy you been slaying em lately last time I went caught 5-7pd sheepshead on big shrimp owner size 1 hooks on light tackle boy it was fun hope tp see you out there soon.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds good. I took your advice with the owner #4 hooks. Worked a lot better and I responded my reel with 15 lb braid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts