Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been too long since i wet a line. Watched a school come in and threw them a twirl tail white jig. Fun stuff. Water was beautiful.

In other news. Some fuitcake was out there standing on a ladder on the first bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
how tall is that stepladder? looks like fun and i can picture starting a whole new type of fishing by adding things like rod holders and other stuff to the ladder that is assuming someone else hasn't already done that

·
Banned
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
go down to flyfishing forum on here, he is a member of the forum

Yup, i was just breaking his balls.. We got out around 10 or so this morning. Think i might be jumping on the bus. Thing actually fishes well!! Better than a kayak, i hate to sit down while fishing..

Thing needs a depthfinder though. And a livewell.

·
Registered
136 Posts
they have surf stands that u can buy , would be better then a ladder . it has rod holders and a seat . i dont know where u can buy one now-a days

·
Registered
5 Posts
It was my understanding that using a ladder would allow the poor man to fish for cobia. You could spot the schools of fish swimming by and cast in to them. Am I wrong about this?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Ladders

I have a friend who has a couple of ladders he modified for the surf. Kills Pompano sight fishing when the run is on. His son also caught a Cobia from a ladder last year. Not typical, but it does happen. It was posted on the forum. They take a lot of flack for the ladders, but also catch a ton of fish!

I'm more into the simplicity of surf fishing. Too much trouble and equipment for me.

·
Registered
14,623 Posts
OK I tried the surf ladder thing about ten years ago & I'm here to tell you it wont work if there is any surf at all. Every wave sank it another inch or so - I thought it was working great & I was some kinda genius - but - I didn't notice it until my 10' step ladder was buried about 30" in the sand in 5' of water. I almost had to leave it - took almost an hour to get it out and almost ruined the ladder. Might work if there is 0 wave action but I'll never try it again!

·
Banned
1,953 Posts
i have one of the gulf breeze stands....it works great! I would guess its because each leg has a round "foot" which keeps it from sinking in the sand.....now if i could just get somebody to carry it out to the big gun???

1 - 20 of 29 Posts