Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a great weather forecast looking at us, SHUR KETCH II went out again to try our luck. Capt Ed, Skip, Jim, and myself were joined by our long-lost shipmate, Jay, who recently returned from running the Boston Marathon (heard he came in 2nd in the Women's over 75 category, but you'd have to ask him). Daybreak was pretty, booms out to point Capt Ed in the right direction, BP contractors sitting around with equipment and manpower "waiting" for the slick to hit this area.

A great ride out heading E with 1-2s. Saw about 5 other boats heading out through the pass.

Stopped at a rocky area that was marking well, anchored up, and started fishing about 0745. Mingo were hot and had our 50 limit by 0830. Ed managed one keeper Trigger between the Mingo attack.

We bounced around a few other spots, the Tanks, etc., but it was either hugh ARS, or short Gag and Trigger; couldn't raise one AJor anything else to round out the box. Sharks were abundent as before and I think everyone rerigged multiple times.

After four hours or so or motoring around, trying for the one big one, we accepted our Mingo Limit and Trigger, and headed in for another pleasant ride.

P-3 doing touch-and-gos as we entered Sherman Cove.

If ya weren't out there today, ya missed a beautiful day! Hope ya get out soon and hope ya have a great time as the SUR KETCH II crew always seem to have. Cheers, john

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hungry fish andflat seas are always a good thing. Great box of fish. Heading out tomorrow ourselves and hope to post results later this week.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Nice box of mingos. Those gags had to be 21 3/4...thats sucks. Great looking seas. Just wait...saturday when we can finaly get out it will be 5 ft again...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
GOOD JOB ON THE MINGOS! IT SURE WAS BEAUTIFUL OUT THERE TODAY. WENT WITH SOME NEW FRIENDS TODAY. SURE WAS GOOD TO GET OUT ON THE WATER ON SUCH A GREAT DAY.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Excellent job on those mingos NC and crew....That grouper looks like it should be good to hit the box next time hooked...Hope it's me..:)

Jimmy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts