Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't remember who it was, but they said they knew the owner.

Looks like it pulled anchor and is on the sand with a hard starboard list.

7am Monday morning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I live in Poylnesian Isle just due south of the area. That boat has been hard aground since early spring. I have not seen any attempt to recover the vessel.

·
lees way2
1,350 Posts
Somebody could get a deal on a trawler about now,I heard today all 3 engines are under water. It also has about a 3 mile or better diesel fuel slick from it.

·
Super Moderator
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was looking pretty bad this morning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Somebody could get a deal on a trawler about now,I heard today all 3 engines are under water. It also has about a 3 mile or better diesel fuel slick from it.
A deal or cheap? There is a difference😀

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Go salvage it, the coast guard called me 30 some years ago and said a shrimp boat was sunk in the land cut. They ask me to salvage it. And I would not be held liable for any damage or from any contamination from the fuel spill. I raised it and removed it in 2 days. Towed it to Allen Williams and they put it on there yard. I am not interested in this one, I'm retired. You young guys go get it just write your name on it and salvage rights. Ask the coast guard first things most likely could have changed.

·
Registered
13,755 Posts
Go salvage it, the coast guard called me 30 some years ago and said a shrimp boat was sunk in the land cut. They ask me to salvage it. And I would not be held liable for any damage or from any contamination from the fuel spill. I raised it and removed it in 2 days. Towed it to Allen Williams and they put it on there yard. I am not interested in this one, I'm retired. You young guys go get it just write your name on it and salvage rights. Ask the coast guard first things most likely could have changed.
I think things have changed, I know how hard it was for the county to dispose of the derelict boats on the north end of Bayou Chico prior to the dredging. Tom Vandiver would have more first-hand knowledge on this.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Anybody checked to make sure the boat didn't run aground because the owner croaked at the helm?:001_huh:

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts