Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Show US your Yaks.....

211K views 343 replies 212 participants last post by  HandOverFist 
#1 ·
Okay... New Forum... New yak pictures!! Please post 'em here...

My Baby.....

See less See more
#9 ·
Midnight Rider (10/1/2007)Thats a pretty big open face reel on the back left corner of the picture. Your not shark fishing outa that thing are you???:unsure: Thanks for showing us your yaks. Ill bring some beads with me next time
Naw... it's not too big and I use it all the time. It's a Pflueger and only has 25lbs mono. I probably can catch just about anything with it. If I plan to fish the gulf, I also bring a 330GTI with me and it works great. It's light and heavier duty than the Pflueger. :Wow: I have caught a small shark on it... I'll catch whatever eats my bait!! hehehehe Yes.. Please do bring the beads!! I prefer skull and crossbone ones!! HAHAHA

#10 ·
Ed Mashburn (10/1/2007)Sorry- I'd like to send some photos of my kayaks-I build them out of wood-but I just can't sem to ge my machine to talk with the forum's machine. Never could post on the old forum, either. I do love to fish out of my kayaks, though. Ed Mashburn
Ed.. Email your yak pic to me... I'll post them for you!... SheYakFishr@mchsi.com (NO 'e') Pam

#12 ·
Well Pam, as I told you in my email, I don't have very good photos of my kayak and I don't have much in the way of rigging like y'all do but here are some photos.

<U>
</U>

<U>
</U>

The Redfish 14 is actually light tan but the sun that afternoon on Indian Bayou launch ramp made it look like it was yellow! I would prefer the yellow to the tanif the truth were known.

When I am out fishing, I hardly ever think to take any shots of my means of transportation but,that day up on the East end of Chocktawhatchee Bay in those reeds and grasses, I felt a moment of weakness. I was batting 0 for the morning with game fish and I got windbound in the process and had to pee so bad that I almost floated myself so I pulled up on this little stretch of sand and had a drink and waited out the wind. That little cove was about the only spot that I could find that was out of the direct wind!! That was the day that I had to paddle Southwest to go North as the swells were higher than my yak!! I landed almost a mile North of my put-in point on Rte. 331 and had to walk back to get the car to load up! That was one windy day!!

#17 ·
This is my <STRIKE>first</STRIKE> 2nd time to post pics, so here goes...

#21 ·
I purchased the Roleez cart from Pensacola Kayak & Sail. I have used it to cross the beach twice since I bought it. It has been great - expensive, but I'm glad to have it. I toyed with the idea of building a cart. Many have and I have seen some really good looking carts. Several members of the Gulf Coast Kayak Fishing Association have built carts. In the end, I didn't want to mess with rounding up wheels & other parts separately.

On my first trip into the Gulf off of Pensacola Beach I dragged my kayak across the sand - thought I would collapse on the return trip after fishing for several hours. It still takes some effort to pull a loaded boat across the beach but nothing like without the cart.

#26 ·
Titanium it is, but I have a bright green one rigged just like it that is quite visible. I also have a flag to fly if I'm around the weekend crazies or pwc areas. NO! it doesn't have a Pirate on it. I got both drifters on deals so I had no color choice. The Prowler color is my choice, same color as the 55 Chevy I drove in H.S.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.