Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Thats a pretty big open face reel on the back left corner of the picture. Your not shark fishing outa that thing are you???:unsure: Thanks for showing us your yaks. Ill bring some beads with me next time

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just kidding with pic above. This was mine before the FF& cooler. Just sold and am currently inbetween yaks.

Console after FF and GPS installed

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sorry- I'd like to send some photos of my kayaks-I build them out of wood-but I just can't sem to ge my machine to talk with the forum's machine. Never could post on the old forum, either. I do love to fish out of my kayaks, though. Ed Mashburn

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Midnight Rider (10/1/2007)Thats a pretty big open face reel on the back left corner of the picture. Your not shark fishing outa that thing are you???:unsure: Thanks for showing us your yaks. Ill bring some beads with me next time
Naw... it's not too big and I use it all the time. It's a Pflueger and only has 25lbs mono. I probably can catch just about anything with it. If I plan to fish the gulf, I also bring a 330GTI with me and it works great. It's light and heavier duty than the Pflueger. :Wow: I have caught a small shark on it... I'll catch whatever eats my bait!! hehehehe Yes.. Please do bring the beads!! I prefer skull and crossbone ones!! HAHAHA

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ed Mashburn (10/1/2007)Sorry- I'd like to send some photos of my kayaks-I build them out of wood-but I just can't sem to ge my machine to talk with the forum's machine. Never could post on the old forum, either. I do love to fish out of my kayaks, though. Ed Mashburn
Ed.. Email your yak pic to me... I'll post them for you!... [email protected] (NO 'e') Pam

·
Registered
878 Posts
Well Pam, as I told you in my email, I don't have very good photos of my kayak and I don't have much in the way of rigging like y'all do but here are some photos.

<U>
</U>

<U>
</U>

The Redfish 14 is actually light tan but the sun that afternoon on Indian Bayou launch ramp made it look like it was yellow! I would prefer the yellow to the tanif the truth were known.

When I am out fishing, I hardly ever think to take any shots of my means of transportation but,that day up on the East end of Chocktawhatchee Bay in those reeds and grasses, I felt a moment of weakness. I was batting 0 for the morning with game fish and I got windbound in the process and had to pee so bad that I almost floated myself so I pulled up on this little stretch of sand and had a drink and waited out the wind. That little cove was about the only spot that I could find that was out of the direct wind!! That was the day that I had to paddle Southwest to go North as the swells were higher than my yak!! I landed almost a mile North of my put-in point on Rte. 331 and had to walk back to get the car to load up! That was one windy day!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I dont have any Pics of the Kayak. I guess I will get some on the 13th at the kayak display. I better clean it up first. I don't want the blodd stains to scare future yakers off! lol:doh

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hand Reel (10/2/2007) I better clean it up first. I don't want the blodd stains to scare future yakers off! lol
This is a FISHING forum - the bloodier the yak the better =)

·
Registered
753 Posts
This is my <STRIKE>first</STRIKE> 2nd time to post pics, so here goes...

·
Registered
89 Posts
eccl9... how do you like that kayak cart? I have been thinking of getting one, but im not sure which one and if they even work great..

1 - 20 of 342 Posts