Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gomexus told me to return these power knobs for a refund. They said they would not fit on my old Stella reels. The handle shaft diameter was too large. I told them I would keep them, I know a guy that can make them fit.
Keith had them done in just a few days. That guy is a reel magician!!
Calipers Measuring instrument Electronic component Electric blue Electronics accessory
Hand tool Tool Gas Household hardware Electric blue
Bicycle Tire Bicycle handlebar Wheel Bicycle wheel
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire

·
Registered
500 Posts
How do you like the Stella's?
Been contemplating for years about getting one. I like my VS reels just never had the opportunity to use a Stella for big game.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
How do you like the Stella's?
Been contemplating for years about getting one. I like my VS reels just never had the opportunity to use a Stella for big game.
I have five of them. Mine are over 14 years old or so. Not sure. They are awesome. They work as well as the day I bought them.
I have a 8000 series Stella that has been all over the Western Hemisphere catching Tuna, Sailfish, Tarpon, Cobia, and a white Marlin once….pitch bait.
Love this old rig. And I’ve had it for years.
Land vehicle Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The drag on these reels is bullet proof. They come with replacement drag washers. I have never replaced one. Not sure how many 100# plus Tarpon this 8000 has caught. Big YFT and Cobia as well.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I met Ocean Master yesterday. Took him a box full of old reels that I’ve had laying around for a while intending to get to him. Super nice guy. I didn’t expect I would get these back anytime soon, but he said I’ll have them for you next week.

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Would you put that set up against a 150 # yellow fin in the gulf? Water is deep adds alot to the equation. That's what I'm looking for a set up I can can use for everything you just mentioned but I only fish the gulf. I've just never used one
Biggest Tuna I have caught on this one was about 65# or so. It took some time. I used to have a Stella 10000 on a larger rod. Never even caught a fish on it. I sold it to Off Route, on the forum, he bought it to throw poppers at YFT in the Gulf. It was a beast of a rod and reel. I have caught lots of Tarpon well over 100# on this 8000, a couple that would go 135# or better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts