Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought anyone could get get a shine on the interior of my 78 Mako 236; dang thing looked chalky. I ran into Chris at Sherman Cove and I decided to give him a shot... what a huge difference! Gelcoat shines down the gunnels, console looks freshly painted, upholstery looks new, he polished all aluminum with Alumaguard... I just cannot say enough. I paid him for only the interior, and before he left he was polishing/removing rust stains on the trim tabs, blackening the rub rail, and cleaning exhaust vents.
I highly recommend Chris, great guy and a great product. I believe his PFF handle is Choozee
His number is: 850.686.4452

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Post some pics! I need some motivation... I've spent three days wet sanding and compounding my faded shark. I'm ready to see some shine!
I'll be gladly paying someone if I have the need to restore gel coat again.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post some pics! I need some motivation... I've spent three days wet sanding and compounding my faded shark. I'm ready to see some shine!
I'll be gladly paying someone if I have the need to restore gel coat again.

First attempt at loading from phone...

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

First attempt at loading from phone...

Ok, they worked. I do not believe inside the gunnels has been redone since new 39 years ago. My gauge panels on the left/right side of console were just dirty brown, the grain looks almost new. The console was chalky and stained; it is spotless now and you can see the shine down the side of the console. I can get more pics of gunnels tomorrow. I am not sure what I want to do about the actual wood trim.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I see the reflections. Nice to see a CM coming back to life!
Few good write-ups over on Classicmako forum where guys restored their wood.....No pun here:whistling:

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
That's really a old Girl with a Mustard colored floor.

Most want to change that.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I would love to change the floor color but I will probably leave it. I am waiting for it to come back in style

·
Registered
65 Posts
Another recommendation for Chris at Expert Boat Detail. He came to OB and did a great job on my Cobia. Second year in a row I've used him and will again next year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts