Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke my old Costas after 6 years of use. Sent them in for repair. They were discontinued so I was told to choose a new style. Went to Bass Pro and the young man helped me make a choice knowing he wasn't going to make a sale. Told Costa what I wanted, Permit in black matte with green lens and was told they would cost me $11.95. Great service from Costa and the man at Bass Pro.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,381 Posts
I was looking at sending a broken pair back and getting perscrip lenses put in but I already spent almost 400 on my perscripts and aint doing another pair... I need to send a couple pair back but have been putting it off due to thinking it was a PIA...

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
They didn't stop making the white frames, did they????

Reactions: Bodupp

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
may I ask what was wrong with your costas? we broke a lens, and Costa said tuff shi^.....
I had an old pair of Swordfish Costas and one of my legs snapped in half about 2 weeks ago. Went online and filled out a repair order. They sent me an address label and told me when they received them someone would look at the damage and tell me how to proceed. Get an e-mail a few days later telling me to call. The rep told me to shop for the pair that I wanted because they would not replace them if I did not like what I chose after receiving them. She strongly suggested I go and try some on instead of looking at pictures online so I went to BPS in Destin. The young man there was very helpful. He even wrote down on his card what to tell Costa. I called and expected them to quote me an unreasonable price because the cost in BPS for the pair was $259. I was amazed when the rep said for that pair of sunglasses it would be $11.95 + tax a total of $12.73. That as on Monday and I got them yesterday.

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
I’ve sent a couple of broken pair back (my wife’s and son’s) and they replaced them for $12.
My daughter lost a lens and they charge $60 to replace lens.
I’ve been wearing the same pair of WaveKillers for 20 years with no issues.
Mine are so old they don’t have the symbol on the side, just say “Costa Del Mar”.
I hate they quit making that model because I’ll need new ones eventually.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Do you have to have the original receipt?
You dont need a receipt. Just fill out the form on their site. Its a very easy process but turn around sometimes takes a couple weeks. I broke my frame a while back and it took two weeks from when i sent to get them back. Fairly certain they just sent me a new pair since i had a small scratch on my lens but it was gone when it came back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts