Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Im going to just say something here lol

If people in the yak world had 2 cents they would let motors allowed on yaks for competitive reasons.... call it a boat at that point i dont care! Its still a freakin Yak

Why.... expansion!!
Why not update a yak and create a whole new game and playing feild.... I love everything fishin and would be all over that.....

Nick put it well.... yakin is freakin exhausting.... great exercise sure..... whatever

How nice would it be to go 20mph in a jet drive yak like in those - STICK BOATS for example

There is a market for it and there is nothing wrong in doing so!!!!

Its just that people who have their hands in the market already want to keep it the same to keep their profits or there are "pros" worried that they would loose their status if everyone put motors on their yaks and killed the yak world because some legal idiot thinks its now a boat.

How about we keep it simple and call it all vessels

If i took the engine out of a car and turned it into a pedal drive..... drove/rode it around town do i still need to register it???

Last time i checked ships, barges, yachts, boats, and yaks without motors all share the same road....

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
I think the kayak world is growing faster that it can keep up with itself.

Eventually every "serious" yak will have a motor..... give it time we'll see

Imagine if we had 50 yaks with motors here in Pensacola already started a yak tournament trail. created our own pros of the new improved yak/boat..... sponsors would rather get involved with something thats simply progressively better.... not to mention Mercury Yamaha Evinrude Honda Minn kota motor guide oh and now the Oil companies get involved snow ball effect

Nowa days a yaks biggest sponsor is really themselves...... or guess what they attach themselves to boat trails..... wonder why.... big sponsors start at the motor companies that are directly tied to America's economy

Think expansion people

·
Registered
180 Posts
While your enthusiasm is appreciated I don't think you'll ever see what you're describing anytime soon.
I fished a tournament trail for two years that tried to be all inclusive, they simply couldn't draw in the kayak guys to fish. Most kayak anglers want to fish kayak only tournaments I suppose. Personally I didn't care for competing against the stinkpots for a number of reasons.
Perhaps you should give it a try, create a tournament that includes all forms of fishing "vessels". The rules certainly should be easy enough. I would be really surprised to see kayak anglers make up a significant percentage though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, hot shot w/ 1 post.
What am I getting at?
QUOTE]

How many posts should a person have before you feel they are "qualified" to respond to one of your's?[/QUOTE

On such a controversial topic, for someone to have 1 post usually means its a 2nd screen name, if you can't post and support your position under your main name, sorta of says something 'bout you, now doesn't it.
You really are just looking to stir sh*t. Kinda sounds like that time of the month for you.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
I
While your enthusiasm is appreciated I don't think you'll ever see what you're describing anytime soon.
I fished a tournament trail for two years that tried to be all inclusive, they simply couldn't draw in the kayak guys to fish. Most kayak anglers want to fish kayak only tournaments I suppose. Personally I didn't care for competing against the stinkpots for a number of reasons.
Perhaps you should give it a try, create a tournament that includes all forms of fishing "vessels". The rules certainly should be easy enough. I would be really surprised to see kayak anglers make up a significant percentage though.

Oh no let me clarify...

I would like to see the yak world accept yaks with motors.... i wouldnt have yaks compete against boats even if the yak is registered. Unless of course the angler chooses to do so.... then so be it

And ur right this wont happen soon

But it will happen.... its inevitable

Why was the outboard invented in the 1st place.... because sailing/rowing is 3rd world 17th century technology and it isnt the most practical way to get from A to B anymore.... thats why yakers say its a advantage and wouldnt be fair..... i say lets step up the stakes!!!

Just to add to this Im a huge fan of the PA14!!! And think the peddle drives are awesome!!!!
But im definitely not against adding a motor or even a mini i-pilot....

Imagine a mini i-pilot on a yak while Snapper fishin...... too cool.... but there has to be a damand for it. And i think the yak world is very comfortable in its position thats ready to explode into another new relm of fishin.... first the canoe then the yak then the peddle drive..... guess whats next hahahahaha ( they act like going backwards is some type of nautical break through - hobie )

Just a matter of time Bruce just a matter of time.... some folks just dont think as fast as us lol

Nowa days a fully outfitted yak with side scan power pole and all the other bells and whistles with a trailor ur probably up to 8k out the door everything installed and brand new....

Might as well add a motor at that price and have a "boat" hahaha

61 - 67 of 67 Posts